Have you ever fainted?

Have you ever fainted (unrelated to seizures)?

• Yes

Votes: 58 63.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Almost

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

:e:

Hi

Once for sure - maybe twice. I know I fainted for sure many years ago - think I was in my pre-teens/early teens. It was in Church - believe around Easter time - scared many people - unfortunately many people saw it since I was a member of the Church's Junior Choir. Remember having trouble finding a hymn in one the hymn books we were using and feeling a bit weak then I fainted. Don't actually remember the actual faint at all though - lol - hard to when you go unconscious (spelling?). Don't why I fainted - I just did - my mom think it was my age! Is that possible? The maybe time is after I felt very weak once when having a very hot shower - I loved and still love hot water - however don't like it near as much as hot as I once did. Don't remember if I actually was still in the shower or coming out of the shower. I was in my twenties that time. Can't remember if I went unconscious - although I can't remember - don't think I did - did feel very weak though. Could that be possible?

Ever since then nothing - since have baths/shower too hot still - however that is becoming less and less. As I am becoming to like them much less - now its more very warm showers/baths.

And yes, I know that people with epilepsy shouldn't have baths. But, can't really stop myself as I do love so much. I know of the dangers of a person having epilepsy having a bath are too. Stupid really I know - I just live in the knowledge that never ever had a seizure while have a bath/shower or while I've been swimming - so might not never happen to me. Plus my epilepsy is in good control - still have the occassional seizure. I do love showers as well. Well do love water really - must because I'm a Pisces - the fishes - lol!!! The good news is having baths less; showers more! Still admit having a bath when I'm cold and need to warm up!

Sorry for this beng so long and that I went way off the topic too - hoping you all accept my apologies for these miscomings!

Miss Chocy

Susan

:e:

I have almost feinted many times, after giving blood. I've got a phobia of blood and needles..

Once, I was in Virginia for a Fife and Drum Muster (this is the group I was in: http://www.mountainfifesanddrums.org/mambofolder/) and we had just gotten our new uniforms--the red ones you see there--and they are made of wool. Well, I had just flown in the evening before so I was suffering from jetlag. In order to get to the performance, we had to wake up at 5:30 AM Eastern Time (that's 2:30 for my poor brain, folks!) and I only had the chance to have a piece of pie and a single water bottle until 12:45. It was 85 degrees and 90% humidity and we were wearing wool long-sleeved coats.

The EMT told me my blood sugar level was 60. And then, they had the gall to say "Oh, we figured one of your group would go [meaning pass out] first." SO WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING? *eyeroll*

It was a great way to start that 10-day-long trip.

Last edited:
I had a really bad pain in the stomach one time and started feeling nauseous and weak, then I fainted. It was an odd feeling knowing I was fading out and couldn't control it and then I came back...

Yes I fainted in my bedroom. I thought it was a mild tonic clonic. I called my dr. and they told me I fainted. It's a side affect of Vimpat. Only one time though so far.Tell your Doctor. Good luck. Teresa

When I was twelve I fainted... The doctor said I was dehydrated... And then I've come close several times. After exercise I have had to sit because I thought I was going to faint, once after giving blood I came really close, and then after getting the Anthrax vaccine a couple of months ago.

once when I was sick, I took some nyquil stayed up watching a movie with a girl, the movie ended, and I got up to quick, next thing I know my head was resting in my girlfriends lap, and she was trying to get me to wake up, I remember it was very hard to wake up, I woke up and passed for another few seconds, then finally came too. I nearly broke some furniture falling, the girlfriend said she saw me get up and saw me fall like a ragdoll. I never even felt light headed, or dizzy, it was like someone flipped the off switch.

I guess it was my vimpat that made me faint. I was just standing over the bed. And passed out.Called the doc he said I fainted. I got to get off this stuff.

Yes. Once I fainted because I hadn't eaten. I was in the kitchen at mom's digging a bagel out of the freezer and BAM I stumbled back and hit the door to the garage. Mom fussed at me.

And one other time, while I was giving blood. That was fun... not.

I "almost" faint all the time due to low blood pressure. But I have never actually fainted before.

Yes, I was at work experience at a vets watching operations and I went to the loo and fainted and only a few people know I don't like blood!

I nearly fainted when I had a plaster cast off because my skin looked pretty disgusting!

There are two occasions when I fainted or passed out.

The first wasn't "caused" by a seizure, but may have started my seizures.

When I was around 5/6 yrs I was hit in the head when a metal door fell on me. It was one of those shed bar doors. My eye was cut badly, but I survived. A few years later I fainted in a department store. I was very hot and overheated. Soon after that I started having seizures. which I still have today. :(

The second time I fainted or passed out was caused by a medication reaction.

This was a few years back before I had my gallbladder out. I was in severe pain and
was brought to the hospital by ambulance. I was hurting bad, feeling nauseous, etc.
The DR on call ordered a 3 in 1 pain med for me. It made me feel better at the time.
After a couple hours I was able to go home. When I was sitting at my kitchen table
getting ready to eat, I passed out. My head landing in the bowl in front of me. My
family helped me to bed. After at least 6 hours of sleep I was fine. Whatever was in
the 3 in 1 pain med knocked me out.

I have a tendency to when I'm sick. It was particularly bad with my pregnancies and morning sickness.

I fainted once after going all day without eating, then taking a hot shower. I was living in a college dorm at the time and the shower was down the hall. I remember feeling so horrible during the shower that I got out and put my nightgown on without drying first, went back to my room where I tried to call my sister who lived nearby. (Back in the day before cell phones :p) But apparently I fainted while I was talking to her. She later said that I just asked if she could come get me, I didn't feel...clunk! I had dropped the phone. Went to the doctor a few days later; found out I was waaaay anemic.

I remembered another two times I nearly passed out. Well, ok, when I was pregnant with my son, I nearly passed out a few times. I could feel it coming and was able to lay down and prevent it. But, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I could feel it coming and didn't make it to the sofa. I lost consciousness for about 15 seconds.

But the only other times I can remember were at my mom's and when I gave blood.

Hmmmm. I just had a whole bunch of grand mals when I was pregnant. And pimples.But I did pass out because of the keppra.On the bed so I was not hurt.

Yes, at my sons nursery, as all the kids were lining in. Turns out it was a blood pressure drop

Back
Top Bottom