Have you ever really hurt yourself bad during a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I fractured my ankle when I was in a car accident. It happened over 10 years ago and I still am not able to walk without pain. I fell while taking a shower and was bruised. My seizures have given me black and blue marks alot, but only one big one.
I really dont remember all of my seizures, so I dont know the effects off hand. Thats the good thing about not being able to remember.

Linen N Things

My first T-C... I took out a whole display case near the cash while my GF was waiting to pay (at the time... think I spooked her) and majorly bruised my back... it was black. Also mangled my tongue when a not-so-helpful observer told my GF to put something in my mouth to stop me from choking. I can't fault her for that because I didn't know any better at the time.

L-N-T's manager told everyone that I had to pay for the damages while the paramedics were putting me on a stretcher.

Let's just say I didn't shed a tear when they filed for bankruptcy.

I have had several injuries related to my absence seizures, which might sound quite surprising!!!! I used to play a lot of field hockey and other sports and it took me a while to understand that just because I am AWOL from my body for about 10-30 seconds the games still continues.

I have been smashed on the head by a hockey stick during a seizure apparently. I remember the seizure but I didn't know about the whack this is why I gained consciousness (from the injury) with a great big black eye, it was awesome, I had to keep checking it out in the mirror. (I was a kid, thats what kids do, right? it makes them look cool) Can you be knocked unconscious when you are already unconscious hmmm?

Another time I was playing football (soccer) over the park with some friends, I stopped dead still to have my seizure, but the player who was chasing me, his momentum didn't stop and he done a slide tackle and broke my ankle.

Oh another good one was when I was playing ball with a German Shepherd dog, I was only about 11 or 12, my sister and I were throwing the ball backwards and forwards to each other. I paused to have my seizure, the dog didn't stop, he ran straight into me and sent me flying, I hit my head on the concrete and I had to go and have stitches, I was gutted because I got blood all over my brand new denim jacket.

getting hurt

Well, I had to get stiches on my chin, staples in the back of my head, walked around with a blue-purple-black eye for a while, and I hurt my knee when I fell. Other than that, I guess I was lucky not to break any bones. But it is a scary thing and I think about what could happen if I have another seizure. I think about it every day and I don't seem to get those thoughts out of my head.

welcome Inesn,

to the board I've had all kind of injuries, I've broken my nose and busted my head open dozens of times.I've burnt my sef ended up gettingchicken grease all over my hips not my face.One summer brome both my collar bones.
Having seizures your at greater risk to harm yourself.
I have broke my jaw, but I won't let my seizures keep mefrom getting out living my life.
I had a seizure last night in the bathroom.
Life goes on though and so do my seizures.
Belinda

Stacy has fallen face first into a door jamb at the onset of a tonic clonic once and shattered her two front teeth. She has also fallen and caught the crown of her head on a window sill (which split her scalp and caused tremendous blood loss on the bathroom floor) requiring staples at the ER.

I fell face first into the floor splitting my forehead open from the top of my hairline straight down the center of my forehead to the top of nose requiring several stiches and staples.

With my first seizure, I fell on my face and had to have stitches in my chin as a result. Another time, I fell in a parking lot, bounced my head off the pavement and was rushed to the ER. I herniated 2 discs which later developed into rheumatoid arthritis of the cervical spine(I am currently fighting to stay out of a wheelchair and have to use a cane to walk due to pain.)

Peaceful Hugs,
Rose

Last saturday I came in from taking my dog out had a seizure hit the corner of the stove and got 13 staples in my head.

Belinda

Have You Ever Hurt yourself during a Seizure

Well, I've split my head open (on a bathroom concrete floor ) at a girlfriends house her parents were not thrilled after that. chewed my mouth so bad I was not able to talk for hours afterward. Now my baths are like marathon sessions ( I don't want to injure myself in the tub)

Back
Top Bottom