hello again

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chris515

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I thought I'd drop by and say hello. It's been a very long time since I've been here.

In short life has thrown me some obstacles the last couple of years but I'm getting through it. It's put me in an even more introverted place than usual though.

The good news is that after being on the board for 6 years I've become the Vice President of our Provincial Epilepsy Association. We're doing some good things and I'm honored to be a part of it. I only wish we had more resources and could do more because we have an amazing group of people.

In other news, I'm 13.5 months seizure free (of Complex Partial's and Tonic Clonics). Still having Simple Partials but it's nothing I can't handle.

My Epileptologist said that I seem to have found the right cocktail of medication and I could be free of the abject horrors of my TC's from this point on. Fingers crossed. And if I hit 2 years I can apply to get my license back. I haven't driven in almost 20 years.

Anyways enough rambling by me. I hope you've all been well. Thanks for listening.

Chris

Hey Chris,
Good to hear from you! Great to hear that you have become Vice President of your Epilepsy Association. You have lots to teach others.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will remain seizure-free (at least free of CP and TC seizures) from here on out. I DO hope you can get your driver's license. It is such a b**** not being able to drive.
I won't ever be able to drive again. :(

It has been a long time, i remember you from back when i first joined! I'm glad to hear you're doing well, fingers crossed on you getting that license back :banana:

Hi Chris,
It's great to hear from you again and I'm really happy to hear that you have become the Vice President of your Epilepsy Associate. I found out that apple cider vinegar with mother in it has reduced my seizures to the lowest every in the past 47 yrs. My Drs. are trying to figure out what it is about the vinegar that has reduced my seizures but I take 2 Tablespoons a day and things are great. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hey Chris, thanks for the great report! Terrific news about the reduction in t-cs, here's hoping you'll have your license back soon. :)

Hi Chris

Good to hear from you and congrats on being tonic clinic and complex partial seizure free. I hope things continue going well for you and you can get your licence

Back
Top Bottom