Hello Everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mlbandura

New
Reaction score
Hello Everyone... I hope everyone is doing well. I feel like I have not been on here in forever! Wow!! Luke is doing ok so far with weaning him off of the Keppra. He is down to 1cc twice a day. We are kinda stuck at the dose for now. We upped his Depakote to 1 sprinkle in the morning and two at night. He was doing so well up to about a week ago and he had a seizure in his sleep. We go back to the neurologist to have his levels checked in two weeks and if all goes well we will continue to wean him off the Keppra. If he continues to have seizures he will have to go in for another MRI and EEG. I am really hoping he does good. I do not want to put him through those tests again (although he loves that hospital!) Anyways I just wanted to give an update and to say I am sorry I have not been on for a bit. I hope now that things seem to be calming down I can get back on here more often!

It's nice to have a status update on you and Luke. I'm sorry about his recent seizure, but it sounds like things are basically good. Med transition times can be hard on the system, so it may not be until after he's off the Keppra entirely that he adjusts and stabilizes on the Depakote.

Back
Top Bottom