Hello. This thread, topic business boggles my mind!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Old guy here (a month away from Medicare! ugh!) I wonder what that will do for my meds.

The first seizure (Temporl Lobe) I remember was in second grade. Dissociation, white noice, a steady ringing on high B-flat (almost sixty years' worth now). But I wasn't diagnosed until I was 38. So I've been taking Tegretol for 26 years. What does that do to the body?

Anyway, I lead a pretty normal life except for these really uncomfortable (once in awhile) seizures, and such quirks as hypergraphia (see my blog if you don't belive me---today's has a description of a seizure).

I don't know (never have) one other person in person who has TLE, so I keep trying to find friends, people I don't have to describe the electrical storms in my brain to.

I thought I'd found all the epilepsy sites, but this one seems like it's actually up and running and interesting.

Thanks for letting me join. (I'm also bipolar, by the way)
Prof Knight (yes, I am a college professor)

Hi Prof, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Lot's of folks around here with TLE. Feel free to jump right in wherever you find a conversation that interests you (or start a new one).

You can put the URL (link/ web address) for your blog feed in the last field on this page, and CWE will add a link to your latest blog post next to your name on all your forum posts here. :)

Howdy Prof, welcome to CWE!

This is a terrific community with a ton of great information. You can search for specific topics or add your own, share and vent as needed.

Best,
Nakamova

WELCOME Professor to CWE
We are up and running, in many directions, and have a following around the world. This means there most likely is someone up at all times.
Hope you find it a comfortable place as we have, and decide to put your feet up for a bit.

old school

Hi professor:

Glad you found us. I am 52, had 1st seizure at 11. Been on dilantin over 40 years. Residual effects are mental, and emotional. My gums are still in great shape, just upstairs that gets me down! I worked in a law office for 12 years, not suited for that anymore. Am job hunting, and what a challenge that has turned out to be! Just something to bring in a little $$, and keep me off the streets! Anyway, hope your stay here is enjoyable. :bigsmile:

Hi Prof.

Welcome and I'm glad you found this place. It's awesome and MANY people here to support you and answer MANY questions.

I too have TLE (right temp. lobe) and wasn't diagnosed immediately either. I'm 40 now and I did have the surgery 4-1/2 years ago, which worked for about 4 years and I just started having CP in May. But, I've had lots of different seizures along with some weird auras. You stated you're taking Tegretol? How is it for you? Years ago I took it and don't remember any problems but it also gave me zero seizure control and opted to go back on Dilantin. For me, eventually nothing worked and opted for surgery. There are many on here that control their seizures with diet and supplements. Although I would love to, I'm just not very successful with it yet.

So, what do you teach? I actually LOVE school and miss my college days (Manhattan College). Today I opt to take misc. on-line classes from Boces since I tend to thrive on mental stimulation. Without it I think I would go bonkers!

I'm sure you're going to enjoy this site!

Welcome, Prof!

It's nice to have you here! I'm sure you're going to find plenty of people to hang out with, learn from and even create with (check out the Writing Page for starters).

Mr B has built us an AWESOME home here, this is such a GREAT dinner party. Take the time to check out all the nooks and crannies--there are plenty. The Library and Kitchen are full of information, while the Padded Room is great for venting when you need to.

So kick up your feet, and stay. Hopefully one of the others will be around with some coffee--decaf, of course--that isn't burnt. I keep burning mine......*sigh*

Gotta go. Time to substitute teach. Then.......time to pack, I have a trip to take.

Take care!

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom