Helmet for epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

notime

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi,

I thought about getting a helmet for a treadmill, and thought that it'd be good for other things I do. Like, if I were to ride a bike or something to avoid cracking my skull, and it would be useful for other purposes. It's not like I have seizures every week, only once a month and perhaps longer.

I just find it dangerous to risk it while I am trying to find the right medicine to exercise or do anything and the helmets I looked at didn't look good. I found one called humpy hat, but the site wouldn't load and plus it didn't look that safe. I was looking at a sports hat: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Protec-Classic-Helmet-Gloss-Black/dp/B001F2CAXC/"]Amazon.com: Protec Classic Helmet: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41688yeVp0L.@@AMEPARAM@@41688yeVp0L[/ame] Sorry if this is considered spamming, but I am wondering if this kind of hat would be good for protection? I know it's not 100% safe, but just good enough to prevent damage done to my skull in some cases. I just don't want to crack it while I'm doing something around concrete like riding a bike and so forth. What do you think?

You had the treadmill post, right? I think a helmet would be a fantastic idea if you're going to use the treadmill. I'm still not for the idea, but hey, that's your choice. :p

One worry would be face protection. For example, if you're using the treadmill, even if the safety key is in, it will roll you forward and maybe onto your face. Just a thought for you. I race cars, so I have a few racing helmets sitting around and they are made for the specific types of racing. I know you can't have a different helmet for each thing you do, but make sure its versatile.

Let me know what you get.

Back
Top Bottom