help....bad seizures tonight and still do not understand/need to unload

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey Bernard,

I understand the asthma thing. I have asthma..but I really only get it when I am sick and only occasionally. However, both of our children have it bad.It is really scary. Our daughter is 13 now and she gets it with colds and allergies..our son is now 16 1/2 (very healthy now)and he has had his share of bad asthma and chronic pneumonia. Thank God he hasn't had it is 2 1/2 yrs. now. Poor kid really had yrs. of being sick. It is an awful feeling. Pain I can deal with. But when you can't breathe..it is terrible! Breathing is your lifeline and when it's more than mildly bad, I can't handle it. I always feel so badly for people with breathing trouble. Such suffering.As a Mom it is awful when you can't help your kids breathe better..all the nebulizer treatments and meds. We've spent many nights up with asthma and croup. Is yours controlled now? I hope so. My husband has it also..bad as a kid, but now he rarely has a problem..once in a while.

Hey Bernard...when I first came on this site I thought you were older! Isn't that funny..it's like my husband..he has a name that you don't hear too often in our generation. We are actually only a few yrs. apart I think...I'm 41.

I think you are right...when your sleep is off, it messes with everything...including seizures/anxiety for sure. I am in a bad cycle I guess. I've done this before..and I hope and pray to improve soon..Thanks again Bernard!

Michelle, was this post for Buckeye or Bernard? I thought you might have meant me based on your asthma comments.

Mine is usually just chronic in nature, not acute and Advair has really helped me breathe better. I am 46. I think Bernard may be younger than me, but not sure.

I was an EMT for 20 years and I always felt so bad for those with asthma attacks of emphysema. The fear in their eyes from the inability to breathe really sticks with you. The sad thing for those with emphysema was that unless they were in extreme distress, you couldn't give them much oxygen. Too much and they would end up on a respirator for awhile.

Still praying,
Dale

Hey Dale..I am sorry.. I am airhead!! It was for you..I saw bernard's name on a previous post and it was stuck in my head. I was replying to your note. I'm the former buckeye,remember?. Born in Ohio but moved to Fl. when I was little and live in Atlanta now. Thanks so much for your prayers..I know I wil feel better soon. Our son was on Advair for yrs. He is no longer on it though.

Michelle

oops sorry Michelle.. this is for the "boys"

Last edited:
:blowup2:

I love the poor coyote. Some days, I can identify with him so well. In fact, I am a fan of the entire looney tune group.

:taz:

I guess I am showing my OLD age. I say, I say that Mr. B is just too young to remember the good cartoons.

Back
Top Bottom