Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am not a druggie, I have had epilepsy my life long. I came across stories of a psychedelic known as DMT or "ayahuasca". I found that any of the people describing their experiences was very similiar to pre-siezure visions I have always had. I began investigating, and after being certain that it would in no way interfere with my meds or fire any of the problematic areas..I tried it. Please do not make any judgements until you watch an interview I did about it on the net.

It is called "the jonny enoch show interviews Aaron aka Mr.Pink "psychedelics saved my life" " Here is the link:

www(dot)thejonnyenochshow(dot)com (I'm the handsome devil in the fedora;)

I do not think epilepsy is a disability..not since my experience. I have come to believe that epileptics are given to seeing outside the normal spectrum. it is our brains that are at a disadvantage as they cannot keep up. Embrace yourself. Its OK.

Some background info about DMT for those who aren't aware:

Dimethyltryptamine... DMT.
The substance that the pineal gland floods your entire brain with just before the moment of death.
It's the most powerful psychedelic substance on the planet, surpassing even LSD in its effects.

It's the chemical responsible for the Near Death Experience.

Historically, it's been believed that DMT is the substance that seperates the soul from the body as the body dies. It, and the pineal gland, have been glorified by many cultures. The pineal gland can be found represented as a pine cone at many religious sites across the world, including ancient Egyptian ruins, and the Vatican. It's represented as a pine cone, because the gland itself resembles a pine cone in its shape and texture.

We still have no idea why the pineal gland releases DMT when the brain realizes it's about to die.

Thank you very much

Thank you for that..often in relating this I have been dismissed out of hand due to societies general views of what they would call "drugs". This is not a thing for "partying" I have taken it once and received the information I desired. I appreciate that there are others who are educated in these things.

Some background info about DMT for those who aren't aware:

It's the chemical responsible for the Near Death Experience.

Historically, it's been believed that DMT is the substance that seperates the soul from the body as the body dies. It, and the pineal gland, have been glorified by many cultures. The pineal gland can be found represented as a pine cone at many religious sites across the world, including ancient Egyptian ruins, and the Vatican. It's represented as a pine cone, because the gland itself resembles a pine cone in its shape and texture.

We still have no idea why the pineal gland releases DMT when the brain realizes it's about to die.

This is why SO many folks swear they've seen or spoken to their dead relatives/friends in their Near Death Experience. It's all chemical.
And sometimes, just having a seizure can be as psychedelic or horrifying as DMT or LSD(I presume, since I've never used it).

And we still have no idea why some of us still have seizures, either.

This is why SO many folks swear they've seen or spoken to their dead relatives/friends in their Near Death Experience. It's all chemical.
And sometimes, just having a seizure can be as psychedelic or horrifying as DMT or LSD(I presume, since I've never used it).

And we still have no idea why some of us still have seizures, either.

In fact DMT (diemethyltryptamine) is released in the human mind at three times..for all people..Birth, dreamstate, and death. What often inspires "horror" is our lack of ability to identify what it is we are seeing/experiencing. And make no mistake, DMT and LSD are NOT the same thing..not even the same ballpark. I would equate LSD to shooters at the bar, and DMT to sacrament wine at church. I have been changed forever for the better.

Do you relate DMT to ecstatic seizures? What is your experience of seizures yourself?
Thanks

Hi Kate, no I did not experience ecstatic seizures. I have tonic-clonic and "absence seizures"..(though I hold more with the old description of petit mal..more because I related them to a very short spasm that reminded me of the bigguns.) As far as "ecstatic"..not directly. I experience aura in way of temperature going up (overheating as I call it)..and that vague suggestion of terror that hangs about beforehand. As I am going into the first few nano-seconds..as I said in the interview...I have experienced tones and figures of very gentle "aspect". Then the realization that I am having a seizure sets in and I am launching myself at the floor face first. All of this occurs within nano-seconds and has often made me question my own sanity growing up. As far as mystical..if you want to call that "pre-seizure" visual/auditory cue ecstatic..feel free. I however would only apply that term were I to maintain that state in seizure as well.
The experience overall ...mystical..ecstatic..astonishing..it is very hard to describe what you see and feel as there are no "earthly" references. Did I have a spiritual experience..very much so. My paradigm has been forever changed toward the positive and success keeps banging on my door. I am by no means a "hippy"..I am a father of two sons..married..run a shop..pillar of the community if you will) So far the drugs I regret taking are the ones for the seizures ..lamectol has given me osteoperosis..(no one told me at the start that there was a chance of that), Dilantin made my hair fall out.. teeth and gum rot..divalproex has given me ulcers. There HAS to be a better way people. We are still entrusting our health to people who design "medications" based upon profit margins...it has taken me 30 years hindsight to appreciate that. (I won't even get into the tegretol)

Last edited:
I guess I'm a little confused about what you are saying. I haven't seen the you tube yet. But are you saying you don't take epilepsy meds and you take this drug daily instead? Or you took it once? You are recommending it to us?

Totally agree about the traditional meds for epilepsy. Yucky!!!

Just so people know, the vid is recorded in 3D. Some people are photosensitive to that, so if you are or it just bothers you in general, in the bottom right corner you can turn off the 3D effect.

I do take epilepsy meds..divalproex and lamectol.. I did this once a year ago and it has helped me immensely. It has given me understanding and healing that 30 years of suffering never thought possible. I don't encourage anyone to use it. That is not my place. I simply wanted to share my experience so people could decide for themselves

Back
Top Bottom