Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks! I have not had a drink in 5 days! The alcohol is fine, but when I stop drinking I have fits.. so I just feel it is not worth the hassle. I am spending hard earned money to get well, so I might want to do all I can to make the process work for me. I was drinking non alcoholic beer until April and can always have one of those if I need to fit in to the crowd.

Meetz, you are correct. Temporal Lobe Epilepsy is associated with DID. I was first diagnosed with B-Polar Disorder and stabilized on meds for many years. OK in that department now. Then six years ago I was diagnosed as having DID. Then two years ago diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epiliespy. There is plenty of research connecting the three together. It may turn out that my psychological symptoms are neurological. There will be no conculsion in my life time. At this point, I am choosing to view the three all as being separate simply because the correlation is to damn confusing. And to researchers.

Saro, I hope you get some answers soon! Not knowing what you have might be worse than knowing what you have. A great sense of helplessness, here. Keep pushing those doctors! I, too, stay on the computer a great deal and am now trying to limit the time. I don't get headaches but find I could be using the time to get out more. Socialize. Working on it. I think after a breakup it's especially important to get out there. Even if you go to a cafe and just read a book, if you can manage that. I know you get your headaches. Maybe, just walk around town. Isolation will fester your grief. I hope you find some answers soon...

Back
Top Bottom