Hi! New here, from the UK.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Karen..

New
Reaction score
:bigsmile: Hi there, I live in the UK.
I have had epilepsy since I was 15yrs old, possibly since I was 12yrs old, but was diagnosed officially at age 15.
I had Tonic Clonic seizures. And have been on Epilim since then, changing over to the Chrono version about 10yrs ago.

Since then, 3yrs ago, I got hit by a Transit van and got a brain injury.
Shortly after, I started losing time and ending up in places with no idea of how I got there, or where I was. I also kept getting a strange feeling in my head.
It turned out, these were Simple Partial seizures and would often go into a Complex Partial seizure. I was started on Keppra which was gradually increased until the seizure were under better control.
So now I have more seizures to deal with.
Since the accident, I also started getting Todd's Paralysis - which was really scarey! It's not nice, and it makes me panic a bit when it happens, but I've kind of got used to it now.
I posted a video about it on You Tube as I found there wasn't much information about Todd's that would help me understand and accept it better. So rather than waste an opportunity to help others, I got my 13yr old daughter to record it for me.

Last edited:
Karen

Welcome to C.W.E. and I hope you make yourself at home. Having E is hard enough to deal with but then you get hit by a transit. I hope all is going well, this does not bare thinking about.

Hi, Welcome. I relate to your struggle, have brain injury and E. This is exactly the place to be for friends (who understand) and get information about life, meds and tips for everything. I have a great appreciation for this site. Look around and i am sure you will find what you need. I did (especially about diet/alternative treatments) and like minded people.

:bigsmile: Hi there, I live in the UK.
I have had epilepsy since I was 15yrs old, possibly since I was 12yrs old, but was diagnosed officially at age 15.
I had Tonic Clonic seizures. And have been on Epilim since then, changing over to the Chrono version about 10yrs ago.

Since then, 3yrs ago, I got hit by a Transit van and got a brain injury.
Shortly after, I started losing time and ending up in places with no idea of how I got there, or where I was. I also kept getting a strange feeling in my head.
It turned out, these were Simple Partial seizures and would often go into a Complex Partial seizure. I was started on Keppra which was gradually increased until the seizure were under better control.
So now I have more seizures to deal with.
Since the accident, I also started getting Todd's Paralysis - which was really scarey! It's not nice, and it makes me panic a bit when it happens, but I've kind of got used to it now.
I posted a video about it on You Tube as I found there wasn't much information about Todd's that would help me understand and accept it better. So rather than waste an opportunity to help others, I got my 13yr old daughter to record it for me.

do you live in london area,well even if dont one best place to go is referral to kings collage denmark street

Back
Top Bottom