high blood pressure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
I have high blood pressure that I can't get under control with diet or exercise, I'm underweight. Dr insist I must get my BP down. Is anyone here on meds for BP? If so, would you share with me the brand you take? I've always had low BP & a little cautious. Thanks for your help!

My parents both struggle with high blood pressure. They have been taking meds for it for years, but I don't know which ones they are taking. The meds helped, but their blood pressure didn't really get under control until they went on a low salt diet. It's not been easy to eat a low salt diet, but they are sticking to it and their blood pressures have come down dramatically.

I am taking Metoprolol, Pravastatin and 1 low-dose aspirin. I am doing quite well for blood pressure numbers. We did have some questions with how blood pressure activity was showing on a 2 week testing so the Metoprolol was split so it is now 1/2 in morning 1/2 at night. Makes things much easier. That is just my specific case and what we did to correct things. Every once in awhile the numbers will show a bit odd but I do my very best to keep them right where they need to be.

Back
Top Bottom