Horrendous eyelid twitching since Topamax

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks Nakamova. And you know, I do have to wonder if people correlate the twitches to also being seizures and perhaps underreport it.
Heck, I even questioned that to an extent, and I'm on the downward slope that mine are even simple partials, as we now think it's likely migraine.
I must be in the smaller percentage, but I know I saw another comment site where people mentioned the same type of twitch extreme as mine, so it's quite clear that facial twitches are a side effect however small the formal "percentage" amounts to. It's real, and it should be listed in the side effect profile in some manner. Thanks for the ask patient site tip-didn't know that one!

it is the topamax

the problem is with the topamax i was on on another anti seizure drug I have never had any problems with my eyes before I until I was placed on topamax. I have a constance twitch in my right on an occasionally in my left my eyes also feel like they are lil wobbly i also have tung paralysis which has spread to my lips. It has nothing to do with caffine or stress it is the drug it self. I am seeing my neurologist to get off it I barely eat as it has suppressed my appetite.

u are not alone i have the same twitch i also have tung paralysis this topamax is driving me insane

i can only commiserate,it happens to me and go on for days on end,often i fatigued but i also get it in other parts of body you just feel like thumping it...i got totally piss and that did help but it not the answer..i know some alcherhol like whisky in small measure dilates blood vessels and it may just been coincidence but it stopped,but comes back and forth..this is in no way advice and if anything dont do it..just maybe i relaxed and slept

How did things go ?

Hi I notice this is from a while a go but are you still taking topomax and are you still getting the twitches.
I have been taking these for years and I have had horrendeous twitches in my face to the point I couldn't even control what my face was doing.
I always complain I never particularly feel 100% and I'm sure it is these tablets making me feel this way
Did you decide to change your tablets ?
Please get back in touch and let me know it would be a big help x

It's funny that you brought up this post because I'd been taking Tegretol for years and was taken off of it about a month ago. When I was on it my eyes would move back and forth really quick for just a second very often but it never hurt. I would also get slight body jerks too, usually in my arms and legs. These things happened so often that I just got used to it. After I read this I realized that since I've been off Topamax all of these things have stopped.

Last edited:
Did you switch from tegretol to topomax ?
Are you saying you think the topomax made you better or worse ?
I was on tegretol over 10 year ago and it never controlled my seizures, I have been on topiromate /topomax for about 12 year now and I just feel like they are the reason I am constantly never myself.

Did you switch from tegretol to topomax ?
Are you saying you think the topomax made you better or worse ?
I was on tegretol over 10 year ago and it never controlled my seizures, I have been on topiromate /topomax for about 12 year now and I just feel like they are the reason I am constantly never myself.

Back
Top Bottom