hospital stay

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

luvubabe

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am fairly new here but have found alot of helpful information. My daughter alexis age five has been struggling with seizures for almost a year, after four seizure meds. have failed we have decided the ketogentic diet is one option we need to try. We have been hospitalized for two weeks now, Alexis just had surgery to have a G-tube placed yesturday, they are starting small feeds today and will start the diet pretty quickly to my surprise. I am very hopeful and praying this will give her some relief from her seizures. All of the resources and information is very helpful so a big thanks to everyone who supports the ketogentic diet, it almost feels like we have a reason to look on the bright side...thank you Becky

Hi Becky, I hope all goes well. Keep us posted, we'll be thinking of you and your little girl.

Good luck, Becky! There's been a great track record of the ketogenic diet in children, so I'm hoping this will be the answer.

Awww,

Good luck to you Becky. It's so sweet to know that kids are lucky to have parents like you

Back
Top Bottom