how did you get on the medications you're on?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

>>Secondly numerous studies have been done that show proof that even though the DTP shot has a low (less than 1%) incidence of 1 time (febrile) seizures and no connection to causing epileptic (non-febrile) seizures.<<

because Mitt Romney falls into the .06 percentile of income earners doesn't mean his income doesn't exist
:)

But the seizures that are less than 1% are febrile and happen only once as a single, isolated seizure and nobody said they don't exist. However, They are not "epilepsy" which is what is the issue at hand and they have found no relation between that & the aforementioned vaccinations.

Last edited:
My mom said as a little kid I began to wring my fingers and hands, go stand against the wall, and was in a non responsive state for minutes at a time. It was puzzling my mom and she spent lots of time in the library reading medical journals and the like because the drs didn't have any answers for my odd behavior.. (early 1970s) She came upon an article about a boy in the uk who had my same symptoms that began soon after a dpt vaccine. She was armed with answers, went to the dr, had an eeg, and I was diagnosed as having phychomotor epilepsy in my left temporal lobe. I still remember those terrible spearmint chewables- dilantin, that I had to take. I fortunately grew out of it when I was 4. My neuro told my mom it could come back during puberty and if it didn't then I'd never have to worry about it again.

Haha, I had two grand mal seizures out of the blue when I was 39.

However, I'm not convinced my childhood epilepsy was caused by a vaccine. I think vaccine or not, that I was destined to have seizures regardless. My mom just was looking for something to blame, to make her feel better.

But who the hell knows. :D

But the seizures that are less than 1% are febrile and happen only once as a single, isolated seizure and nobody said they don't exist. However, They are not "epilepsy" which is what is the issue at hand and they have found no relation between that & the aforementioned vaccinations.

oh sorry - I've been a bit dazy the past few days
I was just trying to inject some lighthearted nonsense

...However, I'm not convinced my childhood epilepsy was caused by a vaccine. I think vaccine or not, that I was destined to have seizures regardless. My mom just was looking for something to blame, to make her feel better.

But who the hell knows. :D

as far as I've been able to tell, hell does know what is going on regarding seizures I've had

Back
Top Bottom