How long have you had Epilepsy?

How long have you had Epilepsy?

• Total voters

Ruth

New
Reaction score
Hi COurt, I am surpised since I live in California, as well.

Have you called UCLA, UCSF (University of California in San Francisco)? I got into UCSF for free. They do research. AsK them?

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
going to uv davis in sacramento, I was going there free. but my insurance got rescinded a few days ago. I am working on that

Last edited:

Katarn112

New
Reaction score
6 months now. It seemed to have been getting better, but my seizures are just starting to get more frequent now. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. I tripped and fell and my head slammed with force into a metal desk support beam. Shortly after is when the seizures began.

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
6 months now. It seemed to have been getting better, but my seizures are just starting to get more frequent now. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. I tripped and fell and my head slammed with force into a metal desk support beam. Shortly after is when the seizures began.
wait till it gets to be a year, they sneak up on you.

Ruth

New
Reaction score
Hi Katarn,

I am very sorry that you had such a bad seizure. Whether it is six months or 66 years, it seems like a lifetime, each time you have a seizure. Some people have warnings, others do not. Sometimes I have auras and sometimes I do not.

I hope your doctor can get your seizures under control. There are alternatives to medicines here at CWE. Maybe you can check into those. When I was first diagnosed in 1949, medicines were just starting to come out (Dilantin). I had no alternatives to check into. Nutrition plays a big role, so does Neurofeedback. You can just press on Bernard's
blue alternative medicines and Neurofeedback. You will learn a lot.

Around the end of December, I had a seizure and fell down and hit the floor right on my head. For several days, I felt like my brain had broken in pieces. It was one of the most painful seizures that I have had.

My doctor had put me on pain pills for my back. I hardly ever take them. I did this time though.

Reaction score
Let me see how long have i had epilepsy ??????
Oh yes i remember its TOOOOOOOOOOOOO long lol

seriously its about 31 yrs

Reaction score
Hey Lureswinger! me to! Welcome! I'm 44 now and I have had epilepsy since I was 10.I am glad you are here!

Ruth

New
Reaction score
Hi Lureswinger, welcome to our friendly forum. It was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

I think I have repeated myself several times on when I have had epilepsy. Stilldancing, I did not know you are so young. I am ancient, 66 years old, have had epilepsy since I was 6.

Reaction score
they told me i was probably having absence seizures all my life, i started having grand mals at age 12, and just got diagnosed officially earlier this month. i'm 16 now

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Drs think its been since the birth. I started having seizures when I was just months old, but my mom didnt know they were seizures at the time. It wasnt til I was around 18 months of age that I was offically diagnosted with Epilepsy. Since then, Ive been on medication, and one day hope to not have to take it!

Andrew

Stalwart
Reaction score
I had my first seizure at two weeks old. That's just over 40 years ago. I have been using vitamin B6 to control my seizures for almost 40 years. My medication now consists of B vitamins only.

Here is a thread that I started over at BrainTalk Communities: http://braintalkcommunities.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36549

**DO NOT ALTER ANY MEDICATION WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR'S CONSENT**

Last edited:

Elsie

Stalwart
Reaction score
48 Years...that I know of... is it in remission? Who knows. Not gonna test it. Been there done that, didn't work.

Alisonx

New
Reaction score
Was diagnosed at 15 so that's 6 years now. I'm on 200mg lamictal twice a day. It's better than at first as haven't had a clonic or tonic-clonic seizure in over a year but it's still not controlled as I still have absence and simple partial seizures