How many different epilepsy drugs have you tried?

How many different AEDs have you tried?

Votes: 33 8.8%

Votes: 54 14.4%

Votes: 52 13.9%

Votes: 46 12.3%

Votes: 38 10.1%

Votes: 24 6.4%

Votes: 28 7.5%

Votes: 23 6.1%

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • More than nine

Votes: 68 18.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

was just prescribed vimpat, number 7 or 8 lost count.

Tegretol - Worked fine except if I didn't sleep enough Id have jerking in my arms. So basically anything in my hand usually ended up across the room.

Valporic Acid - Took away the jerking when a bit tired when waking up. But after doing some research lately and reading from this site it may have cause my sleep disorder and weight gain. Starting having troubles with my sleep about 6 mths later.

Oh man that sucks. I am on Zonegran and Lorazepam every night and day for that. But I see my doc on the 15th of March. He wants to change the Zonegran.Welcome here Only. I mostly just have them in my sleep. Sometimes in the day.

Carbatrol here. It's time-released Tergretol. It controls the seizures reasonably well and keeps them under a half dozen per year.

Dilantin controlled them completely. None for months and months, but I was a zombie. The sleep was fantastic on Dilantin, though. It was like the deep sleep you get after a seizure, which is the only aspect of them I find pleasurable.

I can't tell many side effects with Carbatrol, but I won't give up caffeine, either!

I had to think long and hard about this and dig up my old seizure diary :ponder: I ended up marking the wrong number in the poll :rolleyes:

I've been on dilantin, pheno, valium, atavan, klonopin, tegretol, tegretol xr, trileptal, lamictal and topamax...the oddball to throw in on this is amantadine which was something my psychiatrist tried. Worst nightmares I have ever had in my life...

I also take vit's D, B complex, fish oil and Magnesium for deficiencies in those areas.

AEDS ? 11 or 12
I have had some serious side effects to many if not all of the aed,s I have used.
I now know the dilantin just never worked for anything .although I,m guilty of never using this with regularity for many years.
After I did begin regular doses all it did was produce maxium partials.Two aed,s I stopped cold turkey and the results were deadly .one aed,s produced blistering that SCARED a neuro. so bad he admitted me on the spot in a V.A. hosp.
Do Ibuprofen count? muscle relaxers count? lol a few valium?yrs. ago all the alcohol that produced szs. counts does,nt it? lol "what a long strange trip it,s been" Rick

I dug up my old seizure diaries. None of them made any sense at all.I hated zorantin.Meds are crazy. But then so am I. Yahoo!

Well I don't know how to count this we're trying an old drug on a new dosage! Here's hoping!!!!

I have to change my answer now, as today's appointment with the neurologist now has me on tegretol as well as topamax. :(

We'll see in 6-8 weeks (closer to 8, I think, since in about 6 weeks I will be in California for a week or so) if we can start adjusting things around and lowering dosages, but for now, it's 200 mg of each twice a day. Grr. I hate pills.

Ever get those days where you feel like your pills should have been handed to you in a little paper cup with some one standing over you to make sure you take them, :roflmao:
Ihate my horse pills too!

haha! I might remember to take them without setting an alarem or getting a text message if they came in paper cup wth someone standing over me! :roflmao:

On to my 4th try - Lamictal. Had to drop the others due to side effects.

I just spent two days on the big white telephone so of course I haven't been able to keep any meds down so to be honest I never tried I can only say that I am amazed that I haven't found myself kissing the carpet
Thankfully I am a lot better now and am back sat here infront of a load of incubators waiting for my babies to hatch

wired for sound

hi there all you happy ppl,
just thought id pop in and give you all a good laugh, next wednesday i have got to spend 3 days in the hallamshire hospital in sheffield (just thought id add the last bit for those not from round here lol
anyway during the three days i will be spending in hospital my neurologist wants me to be wired for sound and following every move i make on a bloody video camera just so he can see if he can find out why the meds im on aint working and apparently he wants to induce me into a seizure so they can see what gives ( and probably put it on Utube lol) :roflmao: there are only two things on this planet i am allergic to and i have to put up with both of them in those three days the two things :- doctors and hospitals lol

ps thank god ill still have my blackberry with me so i can maybe show you all what im up against

Hi lureswinger

Don't know Sheffield that well but know Rotheram (friend plays for Utd) - - Know what it's like 2 B plugged into the mains only in my case my brain had had enough & told my heart to pack in - looking back things were kind of relaxing having a nurse @ every beck & call!
S'pose E can have it's advantages sometimes!!
BW; Col.

does anyone know sheffield that well they keep changing the streets around every time i go the sat nav takes us down a street that was a street last time but now is a bloody bus lane or the street has moved somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom