How To Be Really Alive!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cinnabar

New
Reaction score
Quotes from magical SARK...

Live Juicy... Stamp out Conformity... Dream of Gypsy Wagons...Marry Yourself... Be Ridiculous.. Make YES Your Favorite Word... Dry Your Cloths Out In The Sun... Follow a Child... Wear Pajamas To A Drive In Movie... Allow Yourself To Feel Rich Without Money... Drink In Sunsets...
Always - Laurie

Last edited:
After two divorces...

Interesting concept - I assume that this is an extension of love yourself. That is a neat way of looking at it.
...I decided this is the best route to go! I wish I had embraced that concept long ago! Always - Laurie:rose:

Shall we include some more of our own?

How about:

Go barefoot in the grass.
Have a squirtgun fight.
If you can, go on a slip and slide.
List all the things you're thankful for.
Sit and color pictures.
Play hopscotch.
Play twister.
Draw with chalk on your driveway.

I have a quote up on my wall. It says:

The tragedy of life is not
that it ends so soon.
But that we wait
so long to begin it.

How true......

I love the one that says..

It isn't the number of breaths we take in life, but the moments in life that take our breath away!
It is all about how we live our lives.

Michelle : )

Or how about the one concerning the dates on a headstone....

It's not the birthdate or the deathdate that matter...
It's what you make of the dash.

Boy, that was so true of my Mom..she just recently died, but she lived life with such a love and passion!

Yes! Our own out there...also "The Creative Writing Page"...Words. Be FREE with them! PLAY with them like you did so well! Laurie

Hi Dutch Mom! Actually, I hadn't. At least not that I remember. :) My computer doesn't have speakers, so I tend not to watch videos or movies.

Go barefoot in the grass.
Have a squirtgun fight.

I do the above on a regular basis.

I had a really bad day a couple of months ago and just started typing these into an e-mail to my wife. I hit 90+ and felt much better the rest of the day.

Word Gifts...

I do the above on a regular basis.

I had a really bad day a couple of months ago and just started typing these into an e-mail to my wife. I hit 90+ and felt much better the rest of the day.
Yeh! It's often the economy of beautiful words which make for the largest word gifts. One easter, I bought a bunch of those plastic, colorfully pale easter eggs (you know the kind you can split in half to place candy?). Inside each egg were slivers of paper upon which I wrote poem lines. My fiance could'nt get to each egg fast enough. Like a kid anxious for for more candy...And you're right. Listing all the things you're thankful for shadow all the other "bugy" stuff and they truly can become gifts! Most importantly for yourself. Sharing them is a love token.
Always - Laurie :rose:

Last edited:
Forget squirt guns!
This one will REALLY MAKE YOU ALIVE!

Put water balloons in freezer for at least
10 minutes or so ... before taking them out
and tossing them to someone!

AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII YIIIIIIII YIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

:evil2:

<--- going off to the "Bad Corner" again
with a box of Godiva Chocolates for
:hj: the thread!

My luck would be that you tossed the one left over from last year at ME. :pfft:

My Sister who is fighting the Lymphoma was joking about having a water ballon fight last weekend. She said she would be off limits because we might get her PIK (IV) line wet and so we couldn't throw them back at her per doctor's orders. :noevil:

You know what's worse Sharon? (Did this at a slumber party once...) Get a bra, get it soaking wet, and then stick it in the freezer overnight. Put the bra back where the unsuspecting victim left it before they wake up. :)

You know what's worse Sharon? (Did this at a slumber party once...) Get a bra, get it soaking wet, and then stick it in the freezer overnight. Put the bra back where the unsuspecting victim left it before they wake up. :)

Too bad it wasn't a swimsuit!
NOW that would have been funny!

:roflmao:

Oh, I don't know.... a frozen bra in December was a pretty good joke.... :)

Oh, I don't know.... a frozen bra in December was a pretty good joke.... :)

AI YI YI YI YI!!!!!!!

You didn't say WHEN it was!
So I guess SHE really WAS a
CHOSEN-FROZEN!

PS: Hey that's a pretty good User ID!
Chosen Frozen!

:roflmao:

Keep cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

Enjoy the simple things.

Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots of time with him/her.
David

This is sort of related because it's inspirational but I just wanted to say that I love your Eleanor Roosevelt quote beneath your posts Cinnabar. It's so true, it's a definite favourite of mine now.

Back
Top Bottom