How To Be Really Alive!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've never smoked sage but use it as "cleansing" property. Wow! That sounds like I'm talking about Comet! It's known as "smudging". A Native American practice.

There are folks around here who actually smudge people's homes for $500.00 a pop which I think farcical. I use it for my own purposes, to rid areas of negative energy. Not that I walk around the streets waving sage smoke around at people with bad vibes! Though, the world might bring me to this point.
http://healing.about.com/cs/native/a/smudging.htm

"Smudging" is exactly what I use the sweet grass for. I use to use Sage but a Mohawk friend told me that with E it was better to go with the Sweet Grass. I've never tried to smoke the stuff, can't even imagine how bad I would choke out thought.

Thank you epileric. I looked it up. It will not grow in drought areas. Therefore, it will not grow where I live. It is interesting. It seems to be used in religious ceremonies.

Yes, smudging. I learned it from a native american friend's mother when I was younger and was teaching her son how to call the corners and the elements. She suggested we smudge ourselves to protect ourselves from evil spirits and energies that might respond to the energy we are giving to the earth.

I also have used brick dust and salt to keep the bad energy away from my place of residence. i have salted a circle around our apartment block, and have brick dusted the carpet out side our suite door. this is to ward off people who mean to do harm to someone inside our home. Not sure if it works, but we have never had an issue with anything since i started to do this.

Yeah! A fellow smudger! My cousin is really into all that's Native American as am I. She's thrilled with the smudge sticks I sent her. Really loves the scent, too!

Back
Top Bottom