I accidentally took two pills

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Today I forgot to take my AM pills so I took the ones I'd take in the morning except the ones I also take at night. I take some drugs twice daily. Thing is, I didn't realize until too late I took two anti seizure pills and I'm supposed to take one twice daily and they are 750 MG each. Will this hurt me? I feel fine but never did that before. I technically get that dose in a day, just not all at once.

took them over two hours ago and don't feel different. Looked it up too and it says people who take them often take 1500 twice daily a max of 3000 a day so all is good.

You may feel excessive side-effects. You may not have taken more than the limit but that doesn't mean your body is used to double your prescribed amount at once.

I agree with chmmr, call your pharmacist.

I've missed taking a pill before and haven't had any problems from it. Most of my pills I take the same dose in the am as I take in the pm. I only take my pm pills in the evening, don't take the am pills that I'd missed too.

Keep your pills in a daily am/pm pill case. This helps to make sure you take the pills you need when you need them. Set an alarm, maybe on your cell phone, to make sure you take them on time.

It happens. First response should be to call your doctor or pharmacist.

Once I took 2000mg of Keppra instead of 1000. I was reeeealy tired. Now I'm on 2000. :p

It happens. Be careful. ;)

Back
Top Bottom