I have an odd question (I'm not British for nothing)...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
How many calories do you reckon we burn when having the different varieties of seizures ?

(I told you it was odd !) ;)

You know you're a Brit when...

How many calories do you reckon we burn when having the different varieties of seizures ?

(I told you it was odd !) ;)

Hi TeeTees,
I bet neurologists don't hear that question too often. However, you are not the only one who wondered and someone did study the issue. Let us know what the article says.

DMCN Hemingwaybig figExcess calories result in weight. gain and often in an increase in seizures. Insufficient calories. may result in weight loss and inability to maintain ...

journals.cambridge.org/article_S0012162201000524

http://journals.cambridge.org/downl...24a.pdf&code=ab298c3a369c029528e851f47f408cbf

:)

Ive always wondered the same thing...who needs to work out when you have 5 seizures a day?

Ive always wondered the same thing...who needs to work out when you have 5 seizures a day?

LOL.....exactly. We could be actually finding a positive from all this negative :woot:

When I have a sz in bed, and I'm not hearing any darn voices !!....I have had the tendency to place a finger or two gently on my throat to get a reading of my heartbeat, and I swear it's alot stronger than when I'm doing 30 minutes on the cross-trainer down the gym (and that reading is approx 150 bpm).

Shame we can't bottle up our E and sell it

Back
Top Bottom