If you could be one person in history with epilepsy, who would you choose?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I would choose to be Alfred Nobel because he was so noble, leaving much of his wealth to establish the Nobel Prize — honoring men and women for outstanding achievements in physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, and for work in peace. :clap:

I would be Charles Lutwidge Dodgson because he was such an amazing writer, and his work is immortal.

Well, I admire and am facinated by Fyodor Dostoyevsky and Joan of Arc, but I'm too wimpy to want to have lived their lives.

Except that I like being a girl:girl:(ok, middle aged woman:roll:) I wouldn't mind being Hugo Weaving. I know he isn't historical, but he's been in some awsome movies that look like they would have been fun to make: Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Pricilla Queen of the Desert, the voice of one of the sheepdogs in Babe...:pop:

Elton John. An amazing musician and entertainer. :disco:

(his seizures did stop once he got sober)

Last edited:
:rock:
Neil Young. One of Winnipeg's finest!

:agree: But as the Lynyrd Skynyrd song goes:

Well I heard Mister Young sing about her,
Well I heard ole Neil put her down,
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember,
A southern man don't need him around anyhow

(Sweet Home Alabama):rock:

Not to get off topic, but here's an interesting factoid: Richard Burton had epilepsy but chose to become an alcoholic rather than deal with his "E." :-(

Are there any famous people whose epilepsy was cured? If there was, THAT'S who I'd choose to be!

If I went on pure talent, it'd be Sir Elton. Saw him on that show on Bravo where that guy at the acting school interviews actors/stars, and he improvised all kinds of stuff to totally random words, or literature like Peer Gynt. He is incredible~

Are there any famous people whose epilepsy was cured? If there was, THAT'S who I'd choose to be!

I read awhile ago, an article where Prince admitted to having epilepsy as a child. He turned to music for comfort from being picked on in school. I assume he "outgrew" it. The article wasn't clear, it just mentioned that he doesn't have it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I want people with epilepsy to know that there are ways in which they can play a role in their own recovery. It’s all in how they approach what is happening and how they can use that as a catalyst for their own growth. If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that people are willing to embrace you if you share your story.” – Danny Glover

(He also "outgrew" his epilepsy which is more usual than not with people diagnosed in their teens.)

http://www.sharingmiracles.com/epilepsy/danny-glover/

Back
Top Bottom