If you didn’t have epilepsy, how would you change your life?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I would still be in Afghanistan.... Right now, that's the only thing different... I didn't develop this until a couple of years ago, and even since then, I've only had a couple of Grand Mals (one was in Afghanistan, which is why I'm not there anymore). I'm guessing now that I have an actual diagnosis I'll have to change a few things (like no more trail running by myself... probably wouldn't be the brightest idea), but I hope the medicine (that I wasn't on until a couple of weeks ago) keeps me from having more Tonic Clonics so I can drive again soon and not have to change my life around too much... Especially after reading these threads...

Since I was a child, a military life has called to me. I don't know why. My mother has a picture from when I was in preschool about what we wanted to be when we grew up, and mine was "An Officer" and a stick figure of me in green. According to my mom I drew it when I was about 3 1/2. Over 30 years later nothing has changed. I would join tomorrow if they would take me without hesitation.

The idea of flight has always fascinated me. A private pilot's license is a dream I can never realize.

Jay

I would probably be off in a different part of the world with some of disease.

when i dropped into the coma that i later woke up from with epilepsy, i had just gotten home from a consultation for a vasectomy, and just accepted my contract to teach kids english in korea.

Back
Top Bottom