Increased Seizures.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rock and roll

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed an increase in their seizures after starting Vimpat? I'm being assessed for a second surgery right now, and for some reason my Neurologist thought it might be a good idea to add Vimpat in the meantime. I was having 3 to 4 seizures a month, that has recently increased to 5 or 6 a day. Is this something I should expect at this point, or should I get in touch with my Neurologist.

Rock & Roll,

Some individuals do not do well with AEDs that are sodium channel blockers. My son had more seizures with both Lamictal and Vimpat. Did you ever try Lamictal?

-Best,
Suman

I am taking Lamictal and have been for the last 5 years along Divalproex Sodium, the Vimpat was added as I was getting no real results.

Hi rock and roll,

When I first started taking vimpat my seizures were increasing and I was taking 400 mg. a day after my neuro cut it back to 300 mg. a day my seizures decreased and have
been a lot better. You may want to speak to your Dr. about cutting back the dosage.
I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom