Insomnia

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

What DID help the insomnia and reduced the nighttime seizures was taking magnesium and calcium before bedtime.
Magnesium is also helpful for anxiety. Sweet dreams! :)

Would you recommend brands? thank you

I never had trouble sleeping till 2006. Then all hell was breaking loose. Menopause, stress at work, going back to school, worrying about bipolar son, worrying about yet-to-be born grandchild. Needless to say, that's when I was diagnosed with epilepsy.

So do you think insomnia was a epilepsy symptom for you?

Gummybears do you like Jellybeans? I love them...but it's hard to decide my favorite flavor...I think it's either orange cream or lemon lime
LOL .. I have a preference for gummybears over anything but when it comes to jellybeans I only like raspberry and cherry.. yum yum

Or To the General public that suffer from night time seizures, was Insomnia a preceding symptom?

Last edited:
Would you recommend brands? thank you
Always a good idea to check with your doctor, but I would recommend Supersnooze by Puritans Pride. It has magnesium and calcium in addition to melatonin and other good stuff. I take it from time to time when I feel like I might need extra help sleeping. On a daily basis I take Magnesium Taurate. The brand is "Cardiovascular Research".

Back
Top Bottom