Introduction

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joanneph

New
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Joanne and I am 46 years of age. I am in the process of having EEGS and Sleep studies, well, I've had them done just waiting. But I've had hallucinations alot, but also know that I am clairvoyant as well so it's hard to know what is maybe possible seizure or disorder and what is gift.

I do know that i have blacked out before as a teenager and had other moments of almost passing out and only seeing white...and blacking out or zoning out. The classification i see on my EEG that nobody has read to me but that I have says Dysrhythmia Grade II, focal, right occipital region (awake and drowsy) but it also says at the end that there was no clinical events during these EEGs. Not sure if that means that I just didn't have a seizure or not.

Anyways, it's been kinda cool as some of the things that I have seen whether or not they are hallucinations or auras or what has kept life interesting....I"m just looking for answers though...and I know for some reason...I was supposed to look into this.

Hi Joanne --

I gave you a second post in the Foyer which I replied to as well. Here's the gist from my other response:

Your neurologist is the best one to provide an interpretation and explanation of your EEG results, but in general terms:

There are three grades of dysrhythmia on an EEG -- grade 2 is right in the middle. Any of the "grades" can be indicative of a seizure disorder, including grade 1. In addition, dysrhythmias can be caused not only by epilepsy, but also by things like anxiety and other psychological states. As with all EEGs, the possibility for false positives and false negatives prevent the test from being definitive, but your neurologist will use the information it provides along with your clinical symptoms to make a diagnosis.

"No clinical events" means that there were no signs that you had a seizure during the EEG.

Hallucinations, visual distortions, and psychic sensations can be symptoms of Simple Partial Seizures. You might be interested in these threads:

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/psychic-symptoms-21315/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f27/do-you-experience-psychic-phenomena-9235/

Back
Top Bottom