Is this normal? My question landing pad

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

See Nak, I thought that was all in my head too... I have no one around me who understands and every one asks "real seizures? Like a full blown seizure? What's it like?" As if they know or have experince to compare it to when it comes across as sarcastic and hurtful. Thanks for always checking back!

All my best!
Abi ;)

I think it was a seizure this morning.. I woke up and my hubby brought our 2 year old daughter in our room and set her next to me and and all I remember is Dora was playing on the kindle fire and suddenly my head hurt and then I was asleep and before I knew it it was 2pm and my husband had taken our girls to my mother in law's house. My head still hurts.. I'm drowsy but resting.. anyone?

Yeah, that kind of prolonged knocked-out sleep coupled with a headache is often a sign that you've had a seizure. make a note of it in your seizure journal...

I did do that and let my hubby know too and if that's the case I've had these a lot. Well, not hundreds a day but several a week and that's more than I had as a kid. Never had them as a kid. Thanks Nak!

So if I sit and look back, I can see that I've been having these same symptoms for at least 6 months if not more.. but because no one has seen me have one till a few weeks ago they went unnoticed. I'm not crazy, I just have to talk it out.. :/

I lost it... I'm adopted.. my adopted mom called me and she started asking how I was and I broke down crying and saying I never wanted to be like my biological mom, who also has E... I just lost it.. I told her that I felt like this made me feel like I am a bad mom.. and I'm not. My birth mom was physically and virbally abusive and so I linked having E to being just like her... my mom went to prison for what she did...

Also.. I was reading about the dejavu type episodes and have always had that since I can remember..
is it possible to have more than one kind of seizure? I still have times of dejavu but don't understand it or pay as close attention as I probably should. I don't know.. its annoying and I'm currious. Thanks!

So I took a small nap (3 hours max) and at one point it felt like someone came up and hit me with a base ball bat... anyone have that before? My head still hurts... :(

Head still hurts really bad and I feel like I'm talking to my wonderful self in here... It's quiet and lonely in here... (breaks out a flash light...) Hello!!! I think I hear and echo!! Yup.. I'm alone..

This is a hard question for me to ask but has anyone had a hard time having an "o" while on topamax? I'm so tired of having nothing happen... :(

this reading and talking to myself thing is getting old too... anyone please feel free to drop in and be encouraging!
thanks...
alone abi

Not that anyone but me is reading (or are you? *Raised eyebrow* :) ) But I finally get an MRI! This Thursday.. my right temple has been hurting since I herd and felt the pop sound on Saturday and my right hand has been loosing its grip... I am really hoping for something here... otherwise I don't know what will happen.. :( and if there are no responces.. maybe I should leave since clearly I have no support besides myself and that's very lonely.. I love the friendly people here.. but wow do I feel alone still..
Thanks for some knowledge, laughes and some encouragement..
All my best
Abi

Seriously? No one will respond? How depressing :( 7000 people on here and not one of you will encourage me? I'm feeling so let down... I thought we were here for eachother... I can only sit alone so long.. maybe that's ok with some of you but that just not ok with me. I'm not mad. I'm hurt and let down. I came seeking help and I had questions and have been abandoned.. thank you for the very few that did help.. you are kind and helpful. I am not leaving but I am not happy with just feeling shut out.

Hi Abi --

I know it's tough to feel like no one's responding. Some times newer threads get more attention, especially when CWE's hopping as it has been lately. I've been offline for a bit with a nasty cold, so I'm sorry I haven't seen your posts. To answer one of your questions -- yes it's possible to have more than one kind of seizure -- many people do. The deja vu sensations you mention could definitely be simple partials.

In answer to another question ("Getting an "o" on Topomax"): Anti-seizure meds can often affect libido and sexual function. I don't know whether Topomax has a specific reputation for that. I good place to search for specific user comments on a med is askapatient.com. For Topomax the link is: http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20505&name=TOPAMAX&PerPage=60&sort=timelength&order=1

Sometimes hormonal issues can be playing a role too, either because of, or in conjunction with the meds and the epilepsy. You might want to check in with your GP for a general check up if the Topomax is ruled out.

Hope this helps, and that you are feeling better today...

not a good feeling

I don't think your a bad mother, you are just going through a tough time, the meds make us feel bad, depressed, lots of anxiety and still some of us have seizures.hang tough although i know at times it's hard, as they say this too shall pass. Do your girls know what you are going through? are they old enough to talk to about this, maybe you can find comfort in them and they in you, sometimes this brings family members closer together

Nakamova~ I just gotta tell you I love you! I miss you when your gone! Sorry you were sick! I think I'm the road block for my "o" issues... grr... all of that childhood abuse getting to me.. I don't know. It didn't used to be this bad.. tmi I know. Also, I hope your feeling better!

Seizing more-my girls are too young to understand at all :( My oldest is 2 and my youngest is 1. I can talk with my husband and family but not very much and no one understands but everyone is being very understanding and a lot more helpful and reaching out a little more sometimes.

Thank you both so so much! Big hugs! All my best!
Abi

Abi --
I can't remember -- Do you see a regular therapist for any issues related to the childhood abuse? Maybe you could bring up the "o" issues with him or her. And be patient with yourself -- when you've got a lot going on (multiple illnesses, young kids, etc.) it can be tough to truly relax and let go...

Nakamova~
I don't have a therapist yet.. I am working on finding a really good one that I feel comfortable with.. yes, I am my own road block.. thank you! I lovrle you! Your great!

All my best,
Abi

yes, I am my own road block

You are also your own jet engine, your own parachute, your own sunrise, your own symphony... By this I mean that your mind may be a source of trouble sometimes, but it will also be a source of forward energy, freedom, delight, transcendence. Remember to keep this "in mind." :)

Nakamova~ *SQUEEZE*!!!! If that was a possibility at all I would knock you over with the biggest hug! Thank you!! I am realizing my mind is a big key.. I can lock and unlock as much as I want with it..

Also, I had the MRI this morning.. Oh man.. my head is hurting so bad... They did the dye and my head is spinning.. I thought I was gonna get sick.. I felt dizzy and off balance.. they should have put me in a wheel chair after cause I was not able to think well enough to walk well... I was disoriented.. the loud noise and the loud music was too much.. ouch!!! My head is pounding! I just want to sleep.. I'm fighting it.. I need to eat.. then decide if I want my mother in law to watch the girls a bit longer...

Again, Thank you Nak!!

Much love,
Abi :D

I've never gotten used to the MRI noise -- I guess it's the sound of the magnets doing their thing. Take it easy and feel better soon.

Yeah.. It was awful.. this is my second MRI and first for my head... too much.. I'm thankful I had my vow renewal planner to help me take my mind off of it after because that was not fun and my head feels like it was put in a pre meat grinder..

Back
Top Bottom