It only took 3 years

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
So my disability got approved today, so whats next?

Congratulations, Court!

It took 3 years? Wow. That's nuts. Our government needs some kinda help with their processes.

Another agruement on why government should run health care! LOL Congrats!

yeah, i got phone call saying it was approved, but that was it. I tried to ask her questions, buut it seemed like she had not further info for me. no way for me to find the info for myself. Or who to call. Kinda seems like I am in the same spot as before. No useful info.

I am so happy for you....I am right behind you in the waiting game. It has been just about two and 1/2 years for me. So, I would be jumping for joy if I got that call ....even if I didn't know any of the details yet, just to know that finally you got it!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That's great news, congrats! Might be going through the process myself (again) soon. I wish our system would make sure the person's needs are met first - then worry about the rest.

Thats great! Do they backdate it to the date you applied? (they do that here, but then it only really takes about 11 weeks to get disability money here)

no clue about the back dating, and which date are they going to go to.

What i mean is that when i applied for mine, there was a date and my signature when i sent my form in.

Then, when i was awarded money, they paid however long it took to apply.

For example, i applied in may and it took til september to approve it so they paid me from May, all in one lump sum. If they did that over there, you could make a looooaaaadd!

you will receive back monies from that date that the judge has deemed you disabled. It may be that date you applied...but it may not either. He may use a date that a doctor claimed you were disabled and unable to work.

that really wasn't all that long ago.
few months, maybe.

disability

Did they approve based on the fact you had seizures alone or multiple problems
i you don't mind me asking - I have filled out the forum but was afraid to send it
for fear of rejection . Can't tell you how wierd it made me feel.

seizures, aphasia, and underlying psychosis. sexy huh.

most of it is medical reports, I am horrible at filling out forms, I relied a lot on those. I had the benefit of having about 200 e.r. trips and reports.

Last edited:
Court, mine was back dated. The lawyer got his cut first and then I got the rest. I wish I remembered how long it was back dated to but i can't...it was for a large sum though so it had to have gone back quite a bit. If you look on the SSDI web site it should give you an idea. Now you have to apply for Medicare...that is another waiting game :roll:

we cut my lawyer out about half hay through, he wasn't doing anything at all.

I had to appeal and got to court myself. and do all the other stuff.

ss

My psychosis was brought on by medication everytime they try to treat it.
I have hidden - I don't go to er or dr unless desperate - Sometimes I don't think
I'm in my right mind-who would do that.Sometimes I didn't have insurance, and when I did I was afraid they would raise my rates or kick me off. I just stopped going to insurance company, again afraid.Sometimes not understanding-I feel like I'v been in a coma for 9 yrs- What woke me to gain a little traction on this

Mine is medical related. It is still in the notes about me escaping the the hospital and wandering th streets mostly naked.

my family members say i need to apply. how do you get started? is there some way to fill it out on line or do you have to go up there?

Back
Top Bottom