its courtland i cand my details on my computeer amd i wont have lots of info i ju just wke up in icu

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
vlood cloos in my heart. hurty.surgery.blood.thinnwes and lots oe test

Hi Court,
I'm sorry to hear that you ended up in ICU. My dad had a triple bi pass done a few yrs. ago
and was put on meds also. I hope you feel better soon. My Dad was told to drink 1 glass
or red wine a day to help with his heart, that really surprised me.
I've been taking a dieretic that's a blood thinner for yrs. for my seizures called Diamox, it works
great reducing the seizures for me. You take it easy and I wish you only the best, May God Bless You!

Sue

thanks dear. they are telling my cholestoral is high. but i need to talk to someone again
.bevause every single person has said it is fine. and if it really it. i may as well do drugs and eat every thing i give up

ICU is serious business. I hope you get stabilized ASAP and the docs can properly diagnose what happened (so you can prevent any repeats from happening).

i have been in general for 2 days now. it is a lot slower and louder. but they apparently never ran the test. only assumed the cholestral because of the type of surgery. even the doc had a funny look when i asked about it. i hate shit like that

several. one for blood clots and a heart one. the drift nurses running down the hall with bed were always fun

Was the iron deficiency due to the blood thinners?

i have no clue, my guess would be vampire nurses

Ah yes, those vampire nurses. Stay safe!

Court

How are you keeping, I hope you are feeling a lot better. I am not long out of ICU myself after a hearth attack, I was lucky I did not have an operation but I got two stints in, like you I did not know much until I woke up. I find the tablets are not agreeing with me though. You mind yourself and take it easy for the moment.

Hi Court,

How's it going for you? I hope you are feeling better. My Dad just went back into the hospital for a value replacement
this week, so I understand how you feel. You take good care of yourself and I will be praying for you. Wishing you only
the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

i am ok these day. they had me see a hematologist. i have had two iron infusions so far and started taking vitamin d pills, the blood thinners suck, the side effects from those suck.
on a side note i met a nice girl with epilepsy who is nutty as squirrel shit who is fun to talk to. who i might move in with.

C0urt

Those blood thinners are great, did you try any steroids yet. I got the multi vitamins but only for another month and had blood tests as well, when they say "hard to stop the bleeding" they mean it. I spent most of yesterday ( my birthday) in Cardiac rehab, I did not realise they put you through so much before, now I really feel sorry for anybody who had a hearth attack.

i am ok these day. they had me see a hematologist. i have had two iron infusions so far and started taking vitamin d pills, the blood thinners suck, the side effects from those suck.
on a side note i met a nice girl with epilepsy who is nutty as squirrel shit who is fun to talk to. who i might move in with.

basic update So beginning of next month I may be able to come off the blood thinners Yay! Unfortunately the nice girl didnt work out she had been abused in the past so forming a proper bond with her was difficult, it wasnt her fault. I ended up with a blood filter in my leg which hopefully comes out in few weeks. i dont even want to think of how many stitches or how many times i have just stood over the trash can bleeding into it while talking to someone while compressing a wound, they just assumed i was over weight had high, chloerestral, and a few other things while i was in just because of what i was in and apparently to them you cant can one with out the other. luckily my heart doc was pretty cool she appreciates not being on drugs for ever. most of our conversations in her office are really about bicycles and travel. I unfortunately have been off my bicycle since before easter of last year. a bunch of you can imagine how i feel

boy that first post had to be a bit much

wow, seeing this thread from begining to end is rough. I remember the details involved in a lot of the major points involved. I am glad they have since changed the mix of meds I am on. The worse of all of that was, when i originally went in, "in the oxygen test, I was producing enough for an average american", which is depressing in its own right, and that they tried to send me home for, "drug seeking behavior." During all of that in the icu, they assumed I was either, obese at 150, had to have high something, drugs. or old. none of the docs read the entire record or came to see me.

these days i am off the thinners, it has been a bit since i have a seizure and i get my bike back soon, :).

I am sorry I do find this entire thread amusing, and a r0eason to fill in some of the other gaps I find really amusing like. like what drift nurses, and vampire nurses, really are. Some people really love their jobs on a website or blog, Because my body shape has changed shaped a lot of times, And the fact the clots were caused by spending to much time on my bicycle getting in time for races. and the fact one of my training methods it one of the stupidist, Riding and climbing hills with gallons of water in my back pack. the fact i have a penis surprises to many doctors.

Back
Top Bottom