Kendra the SpaceCase is back

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So, the last time I saw my neuro, which was the end of Jan. some time, I told her I felt much better and I thought my memory and concentration had improved since I increased my Keppra to 1500mg BID. Well, maybe I jinxed myself because the last week or two I feel as spacey and disconnected as I did before I started the Keppra. I have a call into my neuro so hopefully she will call me back today. I think Lamictal was next on the list of drugs to try. Is it possible that the Keppra was working and I developed a tolerance to it and it's effectiveness weaned off?

I am also considering seeing a 2nd neuro and getting his opinion. I don't really have any doubts about the diagnosis my current neuro gave me and I like her a lot (it's her new "clinical coordinator" I cannot stand) but I wish she was more proactive in determining if a cause for my seizures can be isolated.

What do you all think?

Sorry to hear that Kendra...

For me, Keppra actual CAUSED a lot of spaciness! It's a total crapshoot...I dealt with that over 'Hollywood' Tonic Clonics.

In your case, if you feel it's not doing what it's supposed to do...get that doc to work on it!

Best o' luck!
:rock:

It's really just a matter of whether or not you are satisfied with the care you are getting. Ultimately, we are all responsible for our own selves.

Want my HONEST OPINION?

But Keppra is a strange medication
with all honesty. I've posted this
before and I'll post it again:

Keppra is a wonder drug for many
and not so wonderful for others.

I will NOT deny that it doesn't work,
because I know people who are ON
IT and IT WORKS for THEM! I will
NOT deny that it won't work either,
for I know people (including myself)
where it doesn't work so good - where