Keppra and nightmares in children

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KeeshaO

New
Reaction score
My 7 year old son has been on Keppra since Sept. 2012 and has just recently been complaining of nightmares. He wakes up least once a night. So I was wondering if any other parents have experienced this with their children. He is on 1/2 tsp twice a day by the way. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello! My daughter is also 7 and is on Keppra. She is on 3ml in the morning and 4ml at night. She actually has a lot of aura's (simple partials) and we just got her on the Keppra about 3 months ago hoping this would help with them. She doesn't have nightmares, but she does have the aura's in her sleep and they do wake her up - that is new on the Keppra. She used to be on Topamax and the aura's never work her up at night. Hope this helps!
Thanks!

Hi KeeshaO,

Have you tried adding a B6 supplement? That helps some folks with Keppra side effects.

Back
Top Bottom