Keppra Being On BackOrder

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hereforq

Pillar
Reaction score
Everywhere I go Keppra seems to be on back order every Wallgreen's I seem to go to I finally found one and its in a small town that had my dosage and its (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc) They are OVAL BLUE/WHITE 1 Side 576 the first I ever seen my Keppra (Levetiracetam) being colored anyone ever had this type of Keppra all these different Manufacturer have been making me sick. I definitely will be getting off this medication whenever I can get a appointment with my neurologist

Hmm... when i was on Keppra, the 250mg were blue, 500mg were orange and 1000mg were white

Haven't been on this forum in a while, but I came back to find out if anyone else was having problems getting generic Keppra. Since my insurance excluded the brand name summer 2018, I've been on four different generics now, and each one looks different.

Last time I got a 30 day supply all at once from Walgreens was September, I think. I checked my call logs on my cell and at work, and between doctor, pharmacy, and insurance I spent 4.5 hours on the phone in the past three weeks trying to find the drug, what to do, and whether they would let me get the brand name and how much it would cost. Walgreens finally got 180 in, which is 22.5 days. That will get me to just past the new year, but my online account says they filled 240, which is a 30 day supply for me.

I'm not scheduled to see my doctor until early June, but like you, I'm thinking about trying to get in soon to get switched to Briviact.

Haven't been on this forum in a while, but I came back to find out if anyone else was having problems getting generic Keppra. Since my insurance excluded the brand name summer 2018, I've been on four different generics now, and each one looks different.

Last time I got a 30 day supply all at once from Walgreens was September, I think. I checked my call logs on my cell and at work, and between doctor, pharmacy, and insurance I spent 4.5 hours on the phone in the past three weeks trying to find the drug, what to do, and whether they would let me get the brand name and how much it would cost. Walgreens finally got 180 in, which is 22.5 days. That will get me to just past the new year, but my online account says they filled 240, which is a 30 day supply for me.

I'm not scheduled to see my doctor until early June, but like you, I'm thinking about trying to get in soon to get switched to Briviact.
Well its good to know im not the only one going threw this at least and the different brands have been kicking my but making me sick in different ways they have been partially filling mine also
Hmm... when i was on Keppra, the 250mg were blue, 500mg were orange and 1000mg were white
Yea when I was on 250mg they were blue also never orange though

I'm on Lamotrigine (generic Lamictal) and last year my pills suddenly changed from white shield-shaped pills to red oblong ones.
Then, with my last re-fill they changed back to the white ones. Manufacturers are listed on the bottle: Red ones = Cipla USA and white ones = Aurobindo. Both are based in India with US branches. I suspect that CVS Caremark (which is where I'm required by my insurance to get meds) just shops around for whatever's cheapest. But I haven't had any problems with either pill so far.

Bumping this thread up because I have a question. I will run out/supposedly can get a refill at the end of next week. Has anyone tried to find Levetiracetam ER recently? Any luck? I've seen comments on other social media platforms that it's available in their area, but I haven't tried hunting it down yet here in the Houston area. According to the FDA website it's still in shortage. If my regular Walgreens doesn't have if, I'm wondering if calling the manufacturers will be an easier way to find it. Has anyone tried that? I could see possibly spending hours on the phone trying to find it.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Back
Top Bottom