Keppra blues

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Angel

I'm on Keppra, I'd love to know what happens when you have an aura. Do you like myself have the awful feeling in the tummy, that horrible Epigastric Rising sensation, like when you go over a hump back bridge, I get the taste in my mouth, and intense feeling of fear, deja vu, and then I'm either into a Complex Partial, or I'm just going through the horrors of the aura AKA Simple Partial Seizure. I can honestly say, I could deal with the epilepsy if it wasn't for the aura, they absolutely terrify me, and I very rarely go anywhere alone because of it. The Keppra is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but no AED I've taken over the last 22 years has worked. Hope your cold is a bit better by the time you read this.

Cheers
Elaine

Hi There

Welcome to this wonderful site. I was interested to read about your Myoclonic Epilepsy, and as I'm studying epilepsy with Leeds University, I looked up the Keppra to make sure it was thought to be a useful drug in the treatment of this type of epilepsy. I'm also on Keppra, 1500mg am and 1500mg pm, I'll tell you what it says in my book about the side effects, Dizziness, drowsiness, irritability, behavioural problems, insomnia, ataxia,(unsteadiness),tremor, headache, nausea may occur in high dosages,or when doses are increased, but will usually disappear in a few days. I have terrible insomnia, but I don't think I've experienced any of the other possible symptoms. What dose of Keppra do you have to take? I hope you enjoy chatting to people on this fab website, I only joined a few months back, but it has been great to get different people's perspective on epilepsy, and as I'm writing a book about my experiences, it's been very interesting, I think it makes us all realise that we're not alone with it, and it is an extremely common if not misunderstood condition, I'd love to hear back from you.

Cheers

Elaine

You sound a lot like me a few months ago!

I started taking Keppra and was overwhelmed with that tired feeling! It seemed almost like clockwork every day about 11:00am I would get so tired I could barely stand up, but I had too! I had two girls 2 1/2 and 9 months to take care of. I found that if I just kept moving ...that is never sat down I would make it to the safe time about three hours later. This was terrifying at times! Then I found that taking Lecithin supplements got rid of the tired feeling and even helped in the morning with that morning cloudiness. The only draw backs to this supplement is that when you first start taking it you will probably get headaches, so go slow... the only brand that I have been able to tolerate is offered by the Shaklee company... most of the headaches caused by other brands where intolerable! So it may be worth a try...ask your doctor first!

Back
Top Bottom