Keppra & over the counter drugs?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ctlnld

New
Reaction score
I'm generally not a fan of mixing more drugs than I absolutely need to (am on 1000mg Keppra for JME) but last night in a moment of weakness & sleep desperation I took an over-the-counter sleeping pill (think it was Unisom) which is a rare occurrence for me... but wow.

I have never had such a weird sleeping experience. I'd wake up every hour or so having some pretty vivid hallucinations of people moving around in my room, walls moving & I kept catching myself moving around a ton, hitting the wall with my arms / talking to people who weren't there as I would wake up. All the meanwhile I was having one long (almost lucid) dream that would continue where it left off when I'd go back to sleep.

Has anyone else had any weird or unexpected drug interactions while on Keppra?

I've heard a lot of talk about emotional side effects but I can't recall seeing anything about it interacting strangely with other common drugs...

Hi, new here, I take Keppra and I've taken it with some over the counter drugs before. The thing is, I have a lot of strange dreams like you describe, more often than not. I can't say whether or not it's from drug interactions though. I've done a lot of looking up drug interactions with Keppra and I honestly don't find too many results for drugs that interact with it, however I wouldn't doubt that it's possible.

Back
Top Bottom