Keppra question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ksanchez

New
Reaction score
I've been taking Keppra for almost 5 months now, and I still have side effects. loss of balance, vertigo, and dizziness are the major ones. I have been to 4 Drs, but nobody wants to discuss these with me other than t put me on meds to control vertigo. In my research, I found that side effects usually only last around 4 weeks. I'm concerned that I'm either taking to high a dosage or totally on the wrong meds. has anybody else had these side effects last this long? I'm considering going to the U.S. to see if I can get better attention.

Everyone's different when it comes to side effects. Some people might only have the side effects for a few weeks or months and other's will always have the side effect from the med. I've had a few meds that I couldn't deal with the side effects and had to go off of them. There are one's that I'm on now I have side effects that I can deal with so I'm still taking them.

Everyone is different when it comes to meds in general too. Sometimes you have to adjust the dosage and/or a med that might be taken with it. It isn't just a 'sit down and take this and you'll be ok' thing. Drs can be a pain in the but too.

Don't be afraid to be a squeaky wheel with your doctors -- after all, it's your quality of life that's at stake! If Keppra's side effects are problematic or intolerable then your neuro should work with you on making a change -- either to the dose or the med.

Back
Top Bottom