kidney disease/failure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Has anyone here been diagnosed with kidney disease? If so, did you have to change medication or adjust dosage? Any info on how you are coping with both appreciated.

Hi Emee,

There have been a few times over the yrs. where I've had kidney stones and once I had a kidney disease do to the seizure meds
that I was taking which were tegretol, and Trileptal these were the 2 sz. meds that cause kidney problems for me. My Dr. told
me to drink a lot of cranberry juice and also lemon juice every now and then. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you. I've heard cranberry & lemon juice was good for bladder infections.

Hi Emee,

I forgot to tell you that when I had kidney stones and infection my Dr. told me to drink a one liter of fluid a day
to help flush out the kidney stones and infection. So each time you drink any fluid put the same amount into a
empty soda bottle if you have any to keep track of how much fluid you drink a day. I wish you the best of luck
and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you Sue! Did your kidneys recover from kidney failure?

Hi Emee,

I was fine after a couple of weeks and the infection cleared up and when I had to stones they passed through
my body since they were small enough so I didn't have to have surgery. If I may ask what meds are you taking
now? The reason why I'm asking is I am wondering if these meds could be causing the problem for you.
Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom