Lamictal and Anger

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

todub

New
Reaction score
I have been taking Lamictal for only a couple of months I am still increasing my doses currently. I started taking 600 mg's today and I am noticing that I am getting angry at stupid things that don't really matter that much. Has anyone noticed similar side effects while taking this med?

Hmmmm

I was on Lamictal for 7 years, and while I did have some anger issues, I don't necessarily attribute them to the Lamictal. Maybe partially--the greatest portion I attribute to the idiot that I am now getting ready to divorce. :roflmao: However, I was only on 300 mgs a day, too.

We are not Medical Doctors here,
but I sure as heck can give you this
advisory:

Have you ever considered going over
with this with your Neurologist or
Epileptologist? While it may or may
not be a side effect for others ~ it
could be a "side effect" that is not so
noted or 'uncommon'.

Anytime you are experiencing things
which are UNUSUAL to you; you should
first and foremost pick up the phone and
go over with the Doctor's Office.

I strongly advise you to read this thread
here if you have not done so - as there
are many good reading and inputs in
there:

EPILEPSY 101

One of the side effects is mood changes. We had this problem with Nicole when her dosage was higher. Since the dosage has been reduced, her behavior has gotten better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Sometimes the smallest things can make me angry.

Im not sure if it was the E, the lamictal, just teenage stuff but my mild mannered son got angry since on lamictal. Once I pushed him to do something, and probably rushed him and his response was to go upstairs and kick in his bedroodm door. I was shocked at that reaction as its just not his way. He told me he couldnt help it. We RAN to a neuro phsycologist and since then, things have gotten better. Since he started sleeping better and getting more exercise it seems to be better as well. I think it also very important to learn relaxation techniques. IT all takes time. Hes on 150 2x a day and that seems to control him.

joan*

Hiya * Hawke how are you feeling? I hope your holidays went well.

They say with genetic Es they tend to do well on one med and a mild dosage at that. We shall see : ) My son 5' 11" about 135 soaking wet... the 300 a day seems to do it for him..Now my daughter?? ... only time will tell.

joan*

Back
Top Bottom