[News] Lamictal

albenelu

New
Reaction score
Had 3 tonic-clonic (two many years ago, one recently) and have been put on Lamictal.
Anyone would like to share their experience with this med? Efficiency, side effects? Thanks

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Hey albenelu --

I've been on lamictal for 10 years, and have been seizure-free the whole time. I experienced bothersome side effects the first few months (very restless sleep/vivid nightmares) but those went away, and I haven't had any problems since. No cognitive or mood-related side effects as far as I can tell. In the past decade, I have also aged out of my 40s and into my 50s, so I would like to blame my grey hair, wrinkles, minor weight gain and changing vision on the Lamictal, but that may be a stretch. :)

I'm able to take the generic form (lamotrigine), so the medication is inexpensive -- about $30.00 for a 3-month supply.

You'll find a lot of comments about Lamictal by using CWE's search function (in the menu bar, it's second from the right). Another good source for feedback is the "askapatient" review site: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20241&name=LAMICTAL

albenelu

New
Reaction score
Thanks. Very encouraging. I am on only 25mg/day (just starting) and already feeling sleepy and a tad nauseous ...hopefully I get used to it!