[News] Lamictal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

albenelu

New
Reaction score
Had 3 tonic-clonic (two many years ago, one recently) and have been put on Lamictal.
Anyone would like to share their experience with this med? Efficiency, side effects? Thanks

Hey albenelu --

I've been on lamictal for 10 years, and have been seizure-free the whole time. I experienced bothersome side effects the first few months (very restless sleep/vivid nightmares) but those went away, and I haven't had any problems since. No cognitive or mood-related side effects as far as I can tell. In the past decade, I have also aged out of my 40s and into my 50s, so I would like to blame my grey hair, wrinkles, minor weight gain and changing vision on the Lamictal, but that may be a stretch. :)

I'm able to take the generic form (lamotrigine), so the medication is inexpensive -- about $30.00 for a 3-month supply.

You'll find a lot of comments about Lamictal by using CWE's search function (in the menu bar, it's second from the right). Another good source for feedback is the "askapatient" review site: https://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20241&name=LAMICTAL

Thanks. Very encouraging. I am on only 25mg/day (just starting) and already feeling sleepy and a tad nauseous ...hopefully I get used to it!

Back
Top Bottom