[News] Late breaking news! Keppra xr goes generic!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
MORRISTOWN, N.J., Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ Watson Laboratories, Inc. has confirmed today that it has launched Levetiracetam Extended-Release 500 mg and 750 mg tablets – the generic version of Keppra XR® – following approval of the Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Watson has begun shipping the product today. Keppra XR® is indicated to treat partial onset seizures in people 16 years of age and older with epilepsy.

For further information, click on: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Watson-Launches-Generic-prnews-2763217451.html?x=0&.v=1

Last edited:
Thats great news! Ive been taking Keppra XR (750mg tablets) for almost a year now. Its a great medication that works well for me. Ive never been on any generic drugs before, so maybe next time I see my dr, which will be in August of next year, I may have to bring this up to him! :)

I think Im going to be giving this a try this year! Just found out that the prescription my drs office faxed to the mail order pharmacy, is for generic! So I thought Id give it a try! Im praying it goes smoothly and I have no bad side effects!

Back
Top Bottom