Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think it's funny that there are left handed cartoon charters, who would have ever thought to do that!

I am one of those people who were told to use the "other hand" as a child. I write with my right hand. Funny enough I had my thumb joint replaced in my left hand from arthritis that ate my joint away. When the doctor questioned me about being right handed, I told him that I write with that hand but do all my gardening ect with my left hand. He informed me that I was left handed! Kind of shocked me after all these years! I now know why I look like a total dork when I try to bowl-my feet and arms will not coordinate! I told my mom that she has my brain all mixed up! lol! At 47 I found out I was a leftie-how funny is that!

Hey bazpa! Welcome to the party. I'm 46 and left handed and left brained. My teacher just made me turn the paper the other way. Plus learning to play the violin was easy because I could move my fingers faster . And bowing was a sinch,

I love this tread! I'm left-handed and left-legged (I am useless kicking a football with my right foot) and proud :)

O dear left or right does not matter. What matters is that we have E. We dance and fall and still live. He he he!!!!

hooray for us lefties :clap:. I do most things left-handed. I learnt to use my right hand with some things as i learnt to play the piano. With that you had to learn to cor-ordinate etc. The rest of my stuff is left-handed. I'm also told us lefties are more creative (my brother mum and i are pretty artistic and are all lefties. Mum's right hand doesnt even work properly):woot:

I was watching Rafael Nadal play in the U.S. Open yesterday. Apparently he's a natural-born righty, but his uncle had him switch to lefty when he was 8 or 9, because of the advantages that would give him on the tennis court. Kind of amazing when you think about it.

I'm a proud lefty. But the funny part is that I tend to use my right hand more when I'm drawing and varnishing egg shells. I didn't know that part until my husband kindly asked me why. I always used my left hand when I painted.

A good book: The Left-Handed Book, by James T deKay. It usually makes me laugh.

am i left handed or not?

i naturaly and automaticaly write draw etc. with my left hand. BUT!!i do virtualy everything else with my right hand. cant throw a ball with my left to save my life. but i play pool left handed hockey right handed. boxing , left handed.
as a carpenter i hammer with my left and use most power tools with my left..my last EEG result said a very large portion of my right temporal lobe is showing NO ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY... MRI shows same result.

"BUT!!i do virtualy everything else with my right hand. cant throw a ball with my left to save my life. but i play pool left handed hockey right handed. boxing , left handed.
as a carpenter i hammer with my left and use most power tools "

Don't start a fight with him!!!
:)

Speber was a lefty. Yet he played guitar right handed. And, yes, he was a genius.

left? so many negatives ?

no.... you dont want to be leftout
left behind
left over
for sure not a leftist

NO one deserves to be LEFT in the dark about the truth of being LEFT HANDED.... science has proven time and again ,,, that LEFT HANDED PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THEIR " RIGHT MIND" .
the majority of truly great people artists, musicians,engineers,great world leaders, and guys and gals like us. throughout history have been LEFT HANDED
BE PROUD AND BE LOUD! right may be alright for the commoner ... BUT LEFT IS BEST.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom