life's changing in 7 weeks...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

thank you everyone :)

today not so great. right now i'm an hour away from my 6-month leave from work, have already said goodbye to a couple of the girls and the rest will be starting any time. feck.
*don't cry don't cry*. yeah right :(

half of them don't even know about the E/surgery so i'm contemplating if i should say anything. haha that's just asking for tears tho isn't it. i hate countdowns (and dammit i would normally ease a day like this with a glass of wine but i'm not supposed to now!!). bleh.

What! No wine? You can't even have a teeensy sip?

I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. I have a feeling that everything will go well.

Hey - maybe smuggle some chocolate truffles in your hospital bag, okay? Then you can eat them after your doc says okay to solid food. My last hospital stay I had chocolate I was going to give as a gift in my purse, but I ate it! Best thing ever! :)

mmmmmm yum yum. that is a great idea.
my only concern there would be that after a few days of liquids if chocolate would perhaps cause diarrhea? might be a bit risky as someone has to be in the bathroom with me at all times :ponder:

Hi Qtown.

I'm not sure if you will be on much before you have your surgery at the end of the week but I wanted to wish you best of luck.

I know you are scared but it will be worth it in the end, you are a strong person.

Hugs from Aussie land :hugs:

Ditto from the Republik of Cambridge. I'll be offline on Friday, but wishing you well with your Big Date with the Brain Sculptors. Just think of the beautiful happy healthy brain you'll have when you emerge!

Q, I'll be thinking of you all Friday. You got this!!!!!!!!!

Yep Q,best off luck.Hope this is the start off a new beginning for ya.All the best!

Best of luck Qtown.. you're in all of our thoughts!

Just remember, you're going to come out of this better than ever!

I know your not going to read this till later but GOOD LUCK TODAY Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys, got the tears flowing lastnight when i read all these :crying:

i go to the hospital in three hours, surgery in four, right now just sitting with a small coffee (had to be no less than three hours before, got 6 minutes left!!!). couldn't believe i was allowed to have one, sure makes the morning easier.

pretty much everything is ready to go, just have to take one more antiseptic shower right before we go (smells like pure medicinal alcohol), then meet my parents and a good friend). i think walking into the hospital and seeing everyone sitting there is when it's going to hit me for the last time. i've actually been pretty good with my emotions this week (until i was hanging up with an old friend and she said 'i love you.' *here we go*). but when i walk in i think that'll be it (lol still time to run out and go home ;) )

really just wanted to come on and say thanks to all of you, so supportive along the way. i can't believe i started this thread seven weeks ago and now in 7.5 hours i'll already be in recovery. mel will let ya guys know how i'm doing (my boyfriend will be calling her today), so for now take care and i'll see ya on the other side ;)

I am thinking of you this morning.
Positive thoughts are coming your way!!!

(((Q-Town Girl)))

qtowngirl
You are high in my thoughts today. I really wish you the best and my prayers are with you! It is going to be great to hear from you soon... wish I could have been there to share a cup of coffee with a big smile.
:cheers:

Friends, I haven't posted an update yet, because I haven't gotten one. I've had qtowngirl in my thoughts all day long, as I'm sure we all have!! I'm sure it's been a long day for those around her. I'll update as soon as I have something to share! :)

You're strong, Friend! Speedy recovery! :hugs:
EFF

Last edited:
you'll be better than ever qtown. I hope everything went well, we're all cheering for you!

thinking of you here other part of world, here in NLD, u in thought and prayers girl....that a for sure.

Hey everyone!! I heard from qtowngirl's boyfriend today, and her!! :) I've had my phone in my hands since Friday, waiting on any word that all was ok... and I'm happy to report that she's doing great! After a rough few days, she's now starting to get back to eating and had a bit of coffee this morning. Her bandage has been removed and the incision reportedly looks good! So proud of her, I knew she'd be tough!! Proud of you, girl!

Back
Top Bottom