life's changing in 7 weeks...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

It is so good to have you back and nearly at full strength, am I in for it, sorry for what ever it was I did not do. You were missed as was 2ndchances, so now there is two brave women who are very much needed and wanted. So welcome back qtowngirl you were missed.

Qtown Girl! It's SO good to "see" you back here. That is an amazing story-your family was very strong too. Take good care of yourself as you adjust and heal-nice and easy!

Qtown

It is great to hear from you, good luck with the rest of your recovery.
If you need to talk or have any questions about the recovery phase you know I'm here :)

Warm weclome back girl!

" i am now 25 days seizure free!!" Hallelujah !

You sure are a SUPERSTAR! and a trooper to boot!

Welcome back qtown! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. It's an amazing thing that you've had done and long run you'll be better than ever.

get lots of rest and lots of comfort food!

surgery day 4 (before first shower, still pretty icky)...

t556jq.jpg

Your scar looks like it will heal well. How many staples did you have? I counted 27 so not sure if I missed any.

Did it take long for the swelling on your eyes to go down?

and here's yesterday, the 3-week mark (phew, love my surgeon :))

nox4k3.jpg

hi cq yep, 27. it was originally supposed to be 40 so it was great news.
my left side of my face/eye is still swollen... but alot better than when in the hospital. not even that noticeable unless you know my face well ;)

i got the pathology news yesterday :) YAY NOT A TUMOR and NO CANCER!!! here's the email from my surgeon:

"The final pathology showed “mesial temporal sclerosis” and “cortical dysplasia”. These terms mean that the cells were abnormal, with some areas having too few cells, and other areas having unusual-appearing cells, without the normal pattern of alignment or organization. The pathologist felt that the abnormality was due to a disorder of development and not a tumor.

This pathology is favorable, both in terms of overall prognosis (not a tumor) and in terms of seizure control (patients with epilepsy who have this type of pathology have a high likelihood of seizure freedom when it is removed).

In other words, it is good news."

hi cq yep, 27. it was originally supposed to be 40 so it was great news.
my left side of my face/eye is still swollen... but alot better than when in the hospital. not even that noticeable unless you know my face well ;)
QTown
Your scarring is looking great, can't even really tell. It looks like you can easily cover it with your hair as well.

When I had my surgery both my eyes swelled up 1st it was my left eye which was the day after the surgery then 3 days later my left eye was starting to get better & my right eye swelled up lol. When I was 3 - 4 days post surgery I looked like in a boxing match & lost lol. By the time I got out of hospital the swelling on both eyes had gone done a lot but I think there was still a little bruising. I still had a little bruising around the scar 2 weeks post surgery.

That's great news about the pathology report. Heres hoping you have beat epilepsy & can have long term seizure control :)

sounds fairly similar, except sorry to hear about both sides! :(, i only swelled on my surgery side. a little blue under the eye even after three weeks but oh well, means nothing in the long run right?!?! :)

Hey Qtown

I've been away for a while. Scar looks great and hair should cover it all. Unlike me as my hair recedes the more my scar shows :) . Great news about the pathology report. It looks like your on the way to living a normal life again and kicking E's ASS! I posted a pic of my scar after surgery in 1989 in my profile. Congrats on a successful surgery and good luck on you E free life!

qtowngirl, so glad to hear, rather read, that things are going well with you. And I certainly understand the main issue one may be having being word loss and some memory. Both areas for me get a bit worse some times, and a touch better other times.

And you learned good news about just where you are at, or should I say are not at. Very happy for you! Cheers!
:cheers:

Hi Qtown,

So happy that this surgery went successful and, the findings on the pathology results were favorable. Doesn't seem like you missed a beat the way you jumped back into the forum. This is great news and I'm very excited for you.

;)

Congrats! Nice to see you back in action. How are you feeling? You seem chipper, is that a pun; to a Canadian?

Congrats on a great outcome :) sorry I wasn't around to send my support in the first place :(!
Mind you from the look of things everyone had you pretty well taken care of!

Back
Top Bottom