life's changing in 7 weeks...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Qtown,
So sorry about the TC, that looks painful. Sending you some hugs from Aussie land :hugs:

By the way, I was told in my pre-op to make sure that all nail polish/gel/acrylic was removed, bare nails only. Not sure how strict they'd be about it, and if all hospitals are the same. Hang in there! I know it's scary. :hugs:
Yep, when I had my surgery I wasn't aloud to have any nail polish, makeup on & had to take of all jewelry. I bite my nails, don't wear nail polish & don't wear makeup so that wasn't an issue for me lmao.
Even yesterday when I had my procedure done I was told not to wear makeup, nail polish or jewelry.

yes familiar with the jewelry and makeup issue, but never gave my nails a thought.
well guess we'll just have to hire someone to come to my house after the hospital and do 'em for me!!

just realized i had two front teeth corners chipped off. %&$^!#%$!

qtown.. so sorry about the TC! lots of hugs from Winnipeg..

I know you'll get through all of this. We're all here for you!

well i have to have something that represents, just that little extra tidbit of strength once they've stripped my clothes and what's left of my sanity.
ideas anyone?
How about a tattoo? :)

yeah thought about it a few months back. both the bf and i were going to have the word 'warrior' tatted. me for the obvious and him b/c really, what our others go through makes them a warrior too.
we haven't done it though, and am kinda thinking we won't bother. ha! after glass raking my face i don't think i'm into any more pain :eek:

A temporary tattoo? Or a message written in pen? Maybe something on your feet that says "Open Other End"...

I have some earrings that say "Right Brain" and "Left Brain" which I like to wear whenever I have a neuro appointment. Bring your warrior spirit, nail polish, tee-shirts and any other accessories. Apply post-surgery so you can rock the recovery room.

Oucha!!! That one would have pleased the Epilepsy God's in the sky.Hope your feeling better.

Go with the tattoo,they don't hurt,so if you can beat a Tonic you can breeze a tattoo!!!

A temporary tattoo? Or a message written in pen? Maybe something on your feet that says "Open Other End"...

I have some earrings that say "Right Brain" and "Left Brain" which I like to wear whenever I have a neuro appointment. Bring your warrior spirit, nail polish, tee-shirts and any other accessories. Apply post-surgery so you can rock the recovery room.

hmmmm, temporary :ponder: that's an interesting idea. i'll mention it to him.

haha maybe we should get 'dr. redekop is a god' down our legs or something just for the extra hope ;)

Oucha!!! That one would have pleased the Epilepsy God's in the sky.Hope your feeling better.

Go with the tattoo,they don't hurt,so if you can beat a Tonic you can breeze a tattoo!!!

thanks you rock neil :hugs:

Ouch! hope its feeling a bit better?
No worries, you will fly through the surgery, Canadian girls are tough!
Karen

Ouch! hope its feeling a bit better?
No worries, you will fly through the surgery, Canadian girls are tough!
Karen

thanks karen! no it's not however, pain is getting worse by the day. but, worse before better right :bigmouth:

got about 5 cankers now, 4 on the bottom 1 on top, and around my mouth is soooo bruised. feck.

I know you'll stay strong Qtown. Remember each day with pain that passes is one closer to the pain being gone..

Q-town girl, Just wanted to tell you " You go girl!" You are going to put E in it's place; in the trash. You are in my thoughts (down in Ohio) and I am rooting for you all the way-hope you can hear me. Stay strong, Jackie

thanks sweetie, that's so nice of you.

24 days to go i am so f'ing scared. at work right now and not really working, can't think much and am so exhausted. partially from that glass-door-tonic-clonic but also b/c of the date looming. where did all this time go?? :(

thanks friends for all your support, it's so great. more than i actually have in my real life sad as it is to say.

qtowngirl

Never you mind work, you are to brave to be scared. Remember you a fighter and you have not been beat yet nor will you.

Think of it as something to look forward to not something to fear... Nah, us Canadian girls have no fear, we survive through Canadian winters...lol
You will shine darlin, no worries...look at it as a new life coming your way.
But I do hope it is a big room because we will all be there with you!
(pssst, I have dibs on the jello) :)

I will

be thinking of you as well....I wish you the best of luck, qtown :D :hugs:

I hope everything works out for you, and this reduces or even I hope it eliminates your seizures completely. So I wish you luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom