life's changing in 7 weeks...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

here is a brain surgery video, same as i had. i couldn't handle looking prior to surg, so the other night i checked one out for the first time. unreal. it doesn't show the organ removal but every step up until and afterwards (just imagine that in between these steps the hours of going through brain matter to find and remove parts of my hippocampus and amygdala).
i have stitches and pins in my head too, one of the pins you can feel over my left eye. Day 43 seizure-free today :)

Last edited:
WOW. that is almost too much to watch. I am scared. AND! congrats on being back and well. Keep us up on how it goes, so far 43 days? that is great!

That video made it all too real what you've undergone qtown. At one point the image seemed like a strange halloween pumpkin, with green spiky teeth. And the tools look like they could come from the neighborhood hardware store.

I hope you continue to heal and be seizure-free.

That video made it all too real what you've undergone qtown. At one point the image seemed like a strange halloween pumpkin, with green spiky teeth. And the tools look like they could come from the neighborhood hardware store.

I hope you continue to heal and be seizure-free.

ah nak... your humor amuses me :)
pumpkin with green spiky teeth ey........ well everyone watch out on october 31st....... i'm comin' for ya!

halloween will be day 88 seizure-free (goddammit it WILL!) so i should have tons of energy to be devil-ish then. :banana:

qtowngirl, I started to watch the video you have posted and just couldn't go too far. Thoughts of my days there started coming back and that was too much. I am so happy for you though and reading of your plus' in the surgery... major thumbs up for your 88 days :cheers:

Not sure where in my mind 88 days came from :eek: but another post you told me 55. Sorry for wrong number but I am certainly not sorry for your 55 days! I am happy for you!

no friend you're not wrong... it's just ahead of your posts re: halloween day will be day 88-free............ lol watch out!!

well folks (and i say this with the sincerest sympathy in case you ever have to face surgery - it's OK!), things have changed a bit since talking here in aug/sept and posting the surg pics.
it's been 4.5 months, and i have developed a dent, aka right side of my face is still perfectly round but the left is a skull bone (pretty much still in the normal place) sticking out and from that to my temple is concaved a bit. i noticed about 3/4 weeks ago, and it is now obvious to others, though they make it clear it's 'very slight.'
so, okay, a new hindrance. but, every day in the mirror i tell myself it doesn't matter, it's part and parcel and at the end of the day no big deal b/c i'm not having seizures.
also, the surg has started to affect my collagen and elasticity. noticed in the past week or so that my left side is starting to droop (girls you get it - pout! dammit!). it's gotten worse even since i noticed so i've already accepted that at this rate i will, prob next year sometime, need a facelift or something similar for my left side. yay, yeah i got that kind of money just in my back pocket :(
however........ i'm not letting it get me down as i'm still seizure free. it's AMAZING what you don't let affect you the same or is 'lower' on the list after going through this. of course we all always 'don't want another seizure,' but after saying yes to the surg it's magnified A LOT.
so, to hell with my slowly changing pretty face (and lol no i don't have an ego), and my head caving in...................... AFTER 20 YEARS I'M NOT HAVING SEIZURES!!!!!! YEAH!!!

Qtowngirl, Thank you That is so inspirational! I am with you 100% on that part about not letting things like looks get you down when you can be seizure free! Hey, we're still above ground! and not 'pushing up daisies' I have a lot to be thankful for. And you sound so cool now that you're beyond that petty 'image' crap. LOL

Nothing more beautiful to read than your encouraging words and feel your remarkable spirit as you prepared for this qtowngirl!! And, there is nothing more encouraging than seeing how you roll with the punches. That's a real hottie.

And, Janus had it right. I'll just add this to keep it in sync with the sequel of the season..Stay classy...!!! :)

Btw, see Janus's "Alan Watt's" quote. That's some great philosophy to just kick back and listen to when that mood might come along - - if your along for something that just might be the mood.

Warmest wishes ~

Nothing more beautiful to read than your encouraging words and feel your remarkable spirit as you prepared for this qtowngirl!! And, there is nothing more encouraging than seeing how you roll with the punches. That's a real hottie.

:bigsmile: a real hottie ey, well thank you! also for finding my words encouraging, that's very sweet.

friends hugs!!!
today is 5 MONTHS SEIZURE-FREE! 5! i can't believe how fast this is all going. can't believe i'm back to work in 10 days and driving again in 35 days!!! where did it all go?!?! and i've just started a year that has the possibility of being my first seizure-free year since 1993.
i'm holding on tight to this 'free' feeling for all of you......... i'm very lucky and send my vibes across the world. love you!!

Last edited:
friends hugs!!!
today is 5 MONTHS SEIZURE-FREE! 5! i can't believe how fast this is all going. can't believe i'm back to work in 10 days and driving again in 35 days!!! where did it all go?!?! and i've just started a year that has the possibility of being my first seizure-free year since 1993.
i'm holding on tight to this 'free' feeling for all of you......... i'm very lucky and send my vibes across the world. love you!!
That's great news Qtown.
So happy for you :woot:
Bring on the 12 months seizure free mark :pop:

Qtown,
Do you only have to be 6 months seizure free before you can get your licence back?

When I had my surgery we waited until I was 12 months seizure free before my neuro & I discussed licence, I've never had a licence & never been interested so I opted not to get my licence.

yes, 6 months. it was changed a few years back from a year. my epileptologist does NOT like that but the law's the law. haha i will be smoozing her for sure at the appt.
'i'm really great, and i thank you so much for getting me here...' on and on ;)

Hey Qtown. Just to let you know I have been following your journey and I think its great. Every day is a new milestone. As for post op things like I can still feel where they drilled into my skull. I gross all my nieces and nephews out by letting them fell it! :) Some days the right side of my head where the surgery was seems to have more fluid in it than normal so my head looks a little different. It looks like we may be driving at the same time :) Look out everyone! All I can say now is keep moving forward and never look back! Just don't forget where you came from because now we are the hope for the people who are still suffering. Now its time to inform educate and advocate!

Good Luck!

Pita

hey! *smile* so nice to see your name! i knew you wouldn't be able to leave us haha ;)

thank you luv, good to know us surgery friends have each other, bit of a different world. not too surprised you can still feel where they drilled; if mine can change this much in a month i'm accepting it will continue somewhat. does it still get tender around your screws? the ones above my eyebrow almost feel swollen and tender sometimes, but it's nothing to worry about, just noticeable. and yeah i'm with ya, i get people to feel the metal and they're like, 'uhhh!' and pull their hand back squirming. natural reaction to screws in your face!!
so....... you're driving again in feb? :roflmao: you're right, everybody step back P and Q are comin' !! i know i'm going to be nervous that day, mainly b/c it 'should' be the last time i ever start my car after losing my license. :eek: yeah, nerves!!!! let me know how you make out, nervous etc.
and i'd NEVER forget where i came from, i agree, was an advocate before but x10 now, just in the midst of getting the epilepsy support group going in my city (initially started that journey prior to surg but grand mals got worse so set it aside). ready now!!

:hugs: friend.

My 6 months will be March. Its also Ironic as March will be 3 years When this all started for me again! So yeah Nerves is part of it. I'll never forget driving again after surgery. The busy street scared the heck out of me! :). It goes away quickly and it all comes back to you! It's hard to stay away for good friends but it was part of my healing process. I was lucky no screws or metal. But there are still day that my incisions hurt, itch to the point people thing I have dandruff :) I'll be watching to see how the people on the road treat ya!

Back
Top Bottom