Lights

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anyone ever looked at something bright, it seems to become amplified, like you're sensitive to light, and sometimes there are streaks of light following whatever you look at?
TY, Billy.

Sounds like photosensitive epilepsy to me. If you have photosensitive epilepsy, certain types of flickering or flashing light may incite a seizure. The trigger could be exposure to television screens due to the flicker or rolling images, computer monitors, certain video games or TV broadcasts containing rapid flashes, even alternating patterns of different colors, in addition to intense strobe lights.

And surprisingly, seizures may be triggered by natural light, such as sunlight, especially when shimmering off water, even sun flickering through trees or through the slats of Venetian blinds.

Sounds like photosensitive epilepsy to me. If you have photosensitive epilepsy, certain types of flickering or flashing light may incite a seizure. The trigger could be exposure to television screens due to the flicker or rolling images, computer monitors, certain video games or TV broadcasts containing rapid flashes, even alternating patterns of different colors, in addition to intense strobe lights.

And surprisingly, seizures may be triggered by natural light, such as sunlight, especially when shimmering off water, even sun flickering through trees or through the slats of Venetian blinds.

Sunlight shimmering off water- yes... I have had that...
It's very odd, and I thought it was only me.
Billy.

Only a few things do it to me. At least that I've been able to identify:
- The sun flickering through trees when riding in the car
- Ceiling fans going at exactly the right speed
- Candles flickering at exactly the right speed
- Only one of the TV's in my house. One brand of LCD TV. The others are okay. I have no idea why.
- The lights in one particular target store. None others have affected me so far.

I am photosenstive...but I do have to say, sometimes I seem to be drawn to looking at flashing lights, even though I know better.

I am photosenstive...but I do have to say, sometimes I seem to be drawn to looking at flashing lights, even though I know better.

I"m not photosensitive but I'm the same way. I remember when going to rock concerts as a kid, if they used the strobe light I would get sort of hypnotized & always wished they'd have used it longer.

Back
Top Bottom