Living alone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Pita,

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I've been traveling and living some what on my own since I was diagnosed in July of last year. It can be a bit awful, I've woken up to some awful messes thanks to having partial seizures in my sleep. Like many other people have suggested my cellphone is my lifeline, I keep it beside me at all times. The idea being that once I clear I can contact someone for help. I've also found that speaking to people about your epilepsy and whats happened helps open up the floor to other ideas. Maybe try talking to your son, he might have an idea of a system that would work for the two of you.
I'm saying all of this as a new comer to this disease and this forum, but I've had to learn as I go. It's mostly been trial and error, but really, see if your son has any suggestions. Good luck! I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way. :)

Back
Top Bottom