Looking ahead to surgery, but fear is setting in.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Neurologist told my son coke cola and tea best thing for head aches.in my case get timing right tonic water helps me but timing got tobe perfect

That list covers just about every disease known to man.apart from lepracy.i think drug company covering there arses you unable to sue that way.They very naugty drug companies

Neurologist told my son coke cola and tea best thing for head aches.in my case get timing right tonic water helps me but timing got tobe perfect

Iced Tea & Sweet Tea are fine. But I don't touch soda anymore. 5+yrs I haven't drank any kind of soda.

Pink wee. Is either bad urine infection or you been eating beetroot

That's a side effect of that Rx my PCP wanted me to try for my headaches.

That list covers just about every disease known to man.apart from lepracy.i think drug company covering there arses you unable to sue that way.They very naugty drug companies

Every medicine has some kind of side effect. But when it's a list like that, I'll pass.

2j5jhj8.jpg
months Seizure Free! :)

Looks like 2017 is going to end good. Well at least on one end of my body. lol

I'm still juggling with my IBS. But now I have a "routine" that I can manage somewhat.

Next month I will be seeing my Neurologist for my annual checkup. Hopefully we can come up with a better plan for my headaches. I'd like to stay away from Rx meds if possible.

Other than that the holidays are just the same old song & dance.
Family, Food, Gifts, etc..

I hope everyone has a Happy Christmas!

Hooray! and Happy Holidays to you too Bigman. :)

16gwnc0.png
months seizure free. :)

Went to my delayed annual checkup with my neurologist. This time I got the Hyde version. :( I explained about my headaches. But I was told more or less that it was in my head. Just because I wasn't keeling over in pain, I should see a psychiatrist. :(

Everybody handles pain in their own way. If you dwell on all the negatives, you forget about the positives. In my case I am happy that I haven't had any seizures since my RTLS. But my headaches and IBS are still a problem.

I was prescribed a anti-depressant med to try for a few months. It's supposed to help with my headaches. Adding another vitamin and increasing my others was also suggested.

Overall this was a bad checkup. I feel like I was treated like crap. Just because I don't
behave like the typical "migraine" patients, doesn't mean I'm not in pain.

I'll try the planned changes, but I'm looking for another Neurologist that will treat me.

Yay for the 44! :)
Boo for the headaches and the dismissive attitude from your doc. :(

Which anti-depressant were you prescribed? If it's a serotonin agonist then it could definitely help with both the migraines and the IBS (since serotonin plays a role in both disorders). The two serotonin blocking meds that would seem most relevant are Zelnorm and Lotronex -- did your doc mention those as possibilities? Also potentially helpful: Imitrex or Axert.

I was Rx: Amitriptyline to try for 3 months then go back for a follow up.

Low dose for a week, then slowly increase, taken at bed time. I hate the ideal of taking more Rx meds. But seeing more doctors is also a PITA. Going over my medical history again, and again is draining.

It was suggested that I could try Butterbur. If I wanted to increase my B2 & CoQ10, go for it. I asked how much to increase my B2 & CoQ10. The answer I received was it doesn't matter, you can't take too much of it. :( Not really a helpful answer from a doctor.

Overall that visit was a mixed bag. That bag IMO was full of, you know. :(

I miss my old Neurologist I had, two doctors ago. That Neurologist treated everybody like
a person, not a chart. The hospital just overworked the heck out of that Neurologist, so
they left. :(

Next time you talk to your docs it may be worth asking about the medications I list above, esp. since they are meant to treat migraines + IBS.

345kd4n.jpg
months+ seizures still kept at bay.

Next month I will be seeing my PCP. I plan to go over the meds my Neurologist Rx me and would like to Rx for me. ATM I don't feel this Neurologist has my best interest in mind anymore. But I really don't want to start over with a new Neurologist. At least right now.
It's more stress I prefer not to add to my life.

4tvgaf.png
months still chugging along. :)

I'll be seeing my PCP soon. My IBS is still up and down. :( But as long as my seizures stay
away it's a win in my book.

depkxc.png
months and the train is still moving along. :)

Everything is the same as far as my PCP is concerned. I'm not 100% better, but I'm not any worse. So I take that as a win. As for my Neurologist, it's a watch and see. I tried the med I was Rx for my headaches. But it didn't agree with me. After a week of nausea, and dizziness, it was gone.

I'm sticking with OTC for my pain meds. We agreed on that part, and my next visit in a year. As long as the seizures are not happening, I'm happy.

I just need to deal with my headaches and IBS. :( That's a daily roller coaster, but
I got to deal with it.

2hhixxh.jpg
2qiae6t.jpg
aka 48 months still seizure free.

I'm taking each day as they come, good or bad. As long as the seizures stay away their good to me.

Hopefully others can find the same relief. :)

Wow 4 years, thats awesome Bigman
Hope everything is going well with your other health issues

2nre9z7.jpg
months!

Wow, I can't believe I actually have gotten this far.

I still plan on taking my AEDs for some time. If I can get to 13+ years, then I may consider tapering down. Otherwise, why rock the boat.

Other than that my headaches and IBS are still an issue. But I'm just happy about my seizure free situation. :)

Back
Top Bottom