Looking ahead to surgery, but fear is setting in.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

wow that’s great 🥳
How’s the other health issues?

wow that’s great 🥳
How’s the other health issues?

I'm still dealing with my IBS. But that isn't going away. So I do the best that I can. I stay away from the bad trigger foods.

Next week I'm scheduled for my 2nd dose of covid vaccine. First does was nice an easy. My arm hurt for a couple days, nothing major.

I'm still dealing with my IBS. But that isn't going away. So I do the best that I can. I stay away from the bad trigger foods.
I understand that it will never go away and you just have to learn to deal with it

I was diagnosed with reflux last year, but took years before any dr took notice. I finally got the diagnosis last year. I keep a food diary to help keep track and note when Im off but I’ve already worked out a few triggers.

Next week I'm scheduled for my 2nd dose of covid vaccine. First does was nice an easy. My arm hurt for a couple days, nothing major.
Were still a bit behind with the vaccines, I think we only started doing vaccine shots Feb. I think they’re about to start over 50s soon.

I’m not sure when I’m due to get my doses

Bigman, I just read about a new study that said certain food dyes can trigger IBD. Article here:

I understand that it will never go away and you just have to learn to deal with it

I was diagnosed with reflux last year, but took years before any dr took notice. I finally got the diagnosis last year. I keep a food diary to help keep track and note when Im off but I’ve already worked out a few triggers.

Were still a bit behind with the vaccines, I think we only started doing vaccine shots Feb. I think they’re about to start over 50s soon.

I’m not sure when I’m due to get my doses

Yeah it took a few years with several tests, trips to the ER to find out my Gall Bladder was shot. Along with that I had IBS & Ulcerative Colitis with was a result of all the 20+ years on various AEDs. :(

We're just started the 12+ years for pfizer vaccine. So far so good.

Bigman, I just read about a new study that said certain food dyes can trigger IBD. Article here:

Thx, looks interesting. But it's not surprising information. Any food that is not natural, is bound to cause problems to our bodies. The trick is to avoid them all, or stick to lesser of the evils.

Yeah it took a few years with several tests, trips to the ER to find out my Gall Bladder was shot. Along with that I had IBS & Ulcerative Colitis with was a result of all the 20+ years on various AEDs. :(

We're just started the 12+ years for pfizer vaccine. So far so good.
For years I’d been telling drs I get this cough after I eat, often it’s certain foods so I avoid those when I can.
But the drs didn’t take notice, but then in April last year I started seeing a new dr.
Mainly our appts are phone appt due to covid, one of our 1st appts he asked me the general covid questions if I had cough, fever etc etc. I said I’ve had a cough for years after I ate but no dr took notice so I gave up.

Straight away he said he was pretty sure I had reflux but wanted to do a heart test.
He did give me some tablets but they made me crook so I stopped taking them and just monitor what I eat with the food diary.

Start @ 3:00 (Doc was right with 88)

88 months CPS free. :)

Hopefully everyone else is doing good seizure control wise.

Well I made it to 93 months seizure free. :)

I got fully boosted. IBS is still an issue. The only real hiccup is I had a "nice" spill on the ice a few days ago.
No major problems from it. The only thing that prevented any injury was the shopping bag I was carrying.
It ironically had frozen ice bars inside. :oops:

Well I made it to 93 months seizure free. :)

I got fully boosted. IBS is still an issue. The only real hiccup is I had a "nice" spill on the ice a few days ago.
No major problems from it. The only thing that prevented any injury was the shopping bag I was carrying.
It ironically had frozen ice bars inside. :oops:
That’s great you’re still seizure free
Sorry about your slip, hope not too many bruises.

It must be starting to warm up over there

That’s great you’re still seizure free
Sorry about your slip, hope not too many bruises.

It must be starting to warm up over there

It's been warmer this winter around here. But according to Punxsutawney Phil [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punxsutawney_Phil ]
we're still having 6 more weeks of winter. So around April/May it will be spring.

Congrats Bigman, that's awesome!

Maybe of interest: I just saw an article about a doctor who used hypnotherapy to help with their IBS: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/feb/01/doctor-hypnotherapy-ibs-changed-belief-pain

:) I kinda already do that myself. When my IBS starts up, I calmly rub my stomach and tell it to take it easy. Sometimes it helps a little. I also try to take a nap afterwords. Usually the combination tends to help, or at least slow down the symptoms.

It's been warmer this winter around here. But according to Punxsutawney Phil [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punxsutawney_Phil ]
we're still having 6 more weeks of winter. So around April/May it will be spring.
I was going to ask if Punxsutawney Phil was like Groundhog Day then I clicked on your link and what do I see a groundhog 🤣

My cousin and her husband are visiting America at the moment, they posted pics of Santa Monica CA and it looked quite nice, sunny and they were standing at the beach. Looked like the beach areas here lol.
But I’m assuming it’s often like that there 🤔😉

I was going to ask if Punxsutawney Phil was like Groundhog Day then I clicked on your link and what do I see a groundhog 🤣

My cousin and her husband are visiting America at the moment, they posted pics of Santa Monica CA and it looked quite nice, sunny and they were standing at the beach. Looked like the beach areas here lol.
But I’m assuming it’s often like that there 🤔😉

Punxsutawney Phil is thee Groundhog. Yes, he even starred in the movie Groundhog Day (1993) lol
[ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_(film) ]

Santa Monica CA looks ok on paper. But I rather deal with "frozen shakes" instead of "warm shakes". IE: Earthquakes

Back
Top Bottom