[News] Marijuana

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm looking forward to getting my medical mj card. Then SlimBlue can come over and help me set up my garden.
I also know nothing about gardening. It will be nice to have the expert advice.
I have heard that nobody even uses fertilizer here other than manure. There is just no need. You toss seeds out and they grow.

Can't go wrong with weed plus vaporizer except the munchies and smell :D

George I have yet to try a vaporizer. It was my understanding from the ads and friends that the vape produces No smell, not in the room, on your clothes, or your breath. Is this not the case?

George I have yet to try a vaporizer. It was my understanding from the ads and friends that the vape produces No smell, not in the room, on your clothes, or your breath. Is this not the case?

No they are 100% correct but I haven't found a way for the weed container and other accessories to not smell. I'll keep it in a cool dry area and eventually that area will get smelly ><

Last edited:
Many of the vaporizers are even pleasantly scented. There is one called HempVap sold by Kannaway that has a honeydew melon scent that is delicious smelling. And what there is is vapor , not smoke so it doesn't hang around and make everything stinky. It dissipates very quickly.

Ah okay, thank you both for clarifying. I'm learning.

You will save a lot of weed using a vaporizer and you "extract" more THC from it than other methods. I highly recommend you buy a decent vaporizer :)

My two cents on this, and I was a regular smoker in my teens and gave it up for over a decade. I got desperate and said why not, I'll try again.

It totally works and it is the most effective remedy to date. I personally believe the medicinal value is not necessarily only in the THC, or the Cannaboids, but rather in the terpenes.

I went on for about a month choosing low thc, high terpene (highly fragrant) marijuana, closer to the sativas than the indicas I suppose. I discontinued and in a few days the seizure activity began to return. I have yet to figure out what substance in my body is cleared at the speed at which the seizures returned, or whether it is some type of rebound effect.

Hope that helps. I'm probably going back on the stuff in a bit if my other medications don't provide me with the progress I am looking for.

I was extremely reluctant to try the marijuana as a cure, because I was sure I'd snap into a psychosis or worsen some of my mental illness conditions, given my medical history, but I was really shocked to find the opposite to be true. I think the trick is finding low THC high terpene content marijuana, but that is only suspicion at this point.

Last edited:
A fantastic portable vaporizer is Pax by Ploom though it is pretty pricy. Regarding the amount of smell, it really depends on the contents. If what you're putting in your vape has a strong odor to begin with there will be some odor. The smell does go away quicker since its vapor so for some it's a non issue.

If you don't need something portable, I've heard great things about the Dabuddha. Not as pricy as some but still a great unit.

Last edited:
Using CBD on children

Is anyone here using CBD currently for their children? If so what has your experience been?

On our Dutch forum several children recently started CBD, one of them, a boy with Lennox Gastaut syndrome, with great success, being seizure free since starting on it.

Our Dutch website is www.sos-mies.nl and the forum is in the menu on the right (www.sos-mies.nl/forum ), it's only accessible when you are approved as a member.

You'll need to fill in a form after applying to join the forum by sending an e-mail to sos-mies@hotmail.com (see 'aanmelden' on the website's menu.) I am moderator and usually take care of the applications. I'll be glad to send you the application form translated in English after receiving your application.

SOS MIE&S stands for Foundation (Stichting) Parental (Ouder) Support (Support) Group (Groep) for Difficult (Moeilijk) to Control (Instelbare) Epilepsy (Epilepsie) & Syndroms (Syndromen).

The foundation has a forum exclusively for these parents. You'll only be accepted as a member if you are (foster) parent to such a child.

Most Dutch people do understand English well but not everyone can write in (medical) English as well. I know for sure there are several parents in our group who will be willing and are capable to write to you in English. But it will be difficult for you to read all the other the Dutch posts, you'll need to use a good translation tool.

Currently there are trials in one of the Dutch epilepsy centers and one of the academic children's hospitals with medical marijuana (CBD) for difficult to control epilepsy in children.Because of good results many parents on our forum want to try this for their child. But there are serious difficulties getting the health insurances to pay for CBD. It is very expensive and when not in a trail you have to pay for it yourself. Some insurances are willing to pay it out of what we call 'coulance' (is 'lenience' or 'indulgence' the right translation here?) but most are not paying for it.

Last edited:
We accept every parent/foster parent to a child (any age) with difficult to control epilepsy or an epilepsy syndrome, that's our only selection criterium. Although they probably can't participate in a lot of threads because of language problems. F.i, we've had members form the UK and there were certainly some other members who took the effort to respond to their post in English.

Our Dutch website is www.sos-mies.nl and the forum is in the menu on the right (www.sos-mies.nl/forum ), it's only accessible when you are approved as a member.

You'll need to fill in a form after applying to join the forum by sending an e-mail to sos-mies@hotmail.com (see 'aanmelden' on the website's menu.) I am moderator and usually take care of the applications. I'll be glad to send you the application form translated in English after receiving your application.

SOS MIE&S stands for Foundation (Stichting) Parental (Ouder) Support (Support) Group (Groep) for Difficult (Moeilijk) to Control (Instelbare) Epilepsy (Epilepsie) & Syndroms (Syndromen).

You have a daughter with E. isn't it?

Last edited:
[NEWS] New Article on Study o Marijuan For Kids With EPI

Epilepsy treatment for children shows promise
Marijuana extract seems to reduce seizures in many kids
By Ariana Eunjung Cha, The Washington Post
Published: December 21, 2015, 6:02 AM

For a number of years now, families of children with epilepsy have been relocating to Colorado from around the world to try to obtain a special marijuana extract known as “Charlotte’s Web” that they had heard had an almost magical ability to reduce seizures. In late 2013 and early 2014, as the political movement to legalize medical marijuana was heating up, many of these parents traveled to state capitals around the country to plead for help in getting access to similar treatments. More than a few legislatures, regardless of their stance on marijuana, were so moved by the stories that they acquiesced.Full Article:

http://www.columbian.com/news/2015/dec/21/epilepsy-treatment-for-children-shows-promise/

I just returned to Hawaii from California where they have dispensaries and are not very strict about giving out cards, you basically walk in and ask for one and pay your 45 bucks.

The thing I wanted to add to this thread is that there are now a lot of options for people who would like to try cannabis for their epilepsy but are averse to the idea of smoking for health and/or stinky-ness reasons.

They have cannabis infused honey, gummy bears, mints, chocolate bars, and even bottled lemon aid. All sorts of edibles. They have them in a variety of CBD/THC ratios and strengths.

I'm finding them to be very helpful. I imagine they would be helpful in dealing with a pediatric patient as well. Just don't let them eat the whole chocolate bar.

Last edited:
Medical marijuana is legal in Georgia but there is no way to get it and cannibais oil just might help me.

Back
Top Bottom