May Challenge

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I did horrible... :( I didn't even get the bikes out once. However, with gas prices the way they are, and summer vacation starting in 2 weeks, you can bet your bippy I'll be on a bike. :)

I did babysteps this month... I did walk but not as much as I had hoped.
I have been doing remodel work around my house and it seems that my days are much too scattered. If we all just put one foot in front of the other we willl get to where we want to be. Hard to believe June is closing in on us.

Maybe June's challenge should be something to do with relaxation. Sounds like we all live fairly busy lives.....perhaps we need a challenge to stop and smell the roses.

I think I posed the challenge to be anything that is a step towards health, for you personally. For me walking is relaxing, and I feel better all day long. I just need to put it at the top of my priorities.

For you... if relaxation is something that you need more of, by all means make that at the top of your list. Perhaps you can offer us ideas.

Ah....well then, in my case, my challenge shall be to spend more time outside enjoying nature, puttering in the garden, taking care of the lawn, reading, etc....(yes, I actually do find lawn work relaxing....)

The weather here has not been all that good to walk. We usually walk as a family with our dogs around the neighborhood. We have 2 hills that we usually walk at least once a week. Now that the weather here is getting better and things seem to be slowing down a bit for us, we will have to start walking.

Maybe your June challenge could be to replace a non-healthy food item(s) with a healthy one or to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Just an idea.

Since I don`t have epilepsy myself, and I feel perfectly fit already, my goal is to walk to the bakery for 2 jelly donuts each morning. Then when I get home, I`ll sit on the sofa and watch Oprah while enjoying my donuts, then I might take a nap :)

LOL....I wish I could join you with that goal.... :) But my doc might get mad at me... :)

Ha ha! June Challenge - Jelly Donut and Oprah Challenge!

Back
Top Bottom